• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 440 E with 906 heads going in a SuperBee

BigBrother

Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
My son and I are building a 1969 SuperBee A12 look alike clone complete with hood and side scoops using a bone stock 1969 Chrysler 300 440, it is bone stock, low miles 26k and had never been apart. We pulled it and took apart, cleaned the block down, looks new. We are taking the 906 heads ( also look new) to a shop for a valve grinds and a check( maybe more, on a budget), we want to change over carb and intake to a single plane and a 750 or 850 carb or some type. my question is what CAM ( we thought xe268h or xe274h with matching lifters and springs and stock push rods and rocker arms) to use on this 4speed power steering and brakes with Factory A/C setup (donor body was a 318 A/C PS,PB car)and what 143 FLYWHEEL to use on this 23 spline A833 with factory 2892626 11" bell housing. The motor has a stock forged crank and flat top 10.1:1 Pistons. We are green, my mechanic is knowledgeable and knows the dangers of two much cam, carb, etc....looking for suggestions from street 440 builders. We are using the sure grip rear out of the 1969 300 as well and aren't sure of the ratio as of yet.
I know this is long winded and appreciate my son wanting this car since he was 10 and has worked hard to get it, he is now 16.

Last edited:
69 - 440 with cast crank would be questionable. If it really is cast just have the rotating assembly balanced with the flywheel.

Appears we were wrong, we thought the e stamp was for cast, just turns out it's for 1969 as a date code and is indeed a forged crank.

Auto Transport Service
Back