• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 A-12 Roadrunner. Garage Find Survivor

A12s are fairly easy to document. If the drivetrain is original, the vin is stamped on the engine trans and rear. (I think on the rear, gotta review ). You don't have the 440, but you might have the right trans. Look for a vin stamp that matches the dash.

There are also two hidden vins on a 69. One upside down (at least mine was) on the radiator core support, if I remember right, on the radiator side. The other is on the drivers side trunk lip, under the weatherstrip. Both should match the title, and the dash vin.
(Don't hold me to exact location on the core support, but it should be on there somewhere.)
Edit Beekeeper types much faster than me! LOL.

Last edited:
Agree with Beekeeper, the broadcast looks legit. The question is.... Is it for your car?
We're not trying to ruin your day, but as you say, it's better to know. It's just that every high-dollar unique a12 part, that makes a runner into an a12 is missing from your car. The fifteen inch wheels are gone, the hood is gone, the six barrel is gone, the air cleaner, the 4.10 dana, (the only ratio available).
It's possible all that stuff was sold to someone to make a clone, but why? MUCH more valuable on a real a12.

Last edited:
Agree with Beekeeper, the broadcast looks legit. The question is.... Is it for your car?

Thanks to you and Beekeeper both

VIN matches and looks original.
Radiator support too (upside down as you mentioned)

Still trying to find trunk VIN and going to lift her up and check four speed.

The entire engine compartment was painted black and the fenders are really smooth so I’m thinking that’s why the tag was removed
191E870C-6477-4A7C-86C3-6C94CF789052.jpeg

It’s not on the registry BigDA12 will list it on there if you contact him

Great project. Do what make you feel best.
You must have the best looking garage floor of all time !

Nice find! Let's see some more pics!

Nice find. Another off the grid A12 surfaces! It is new to us at the A12 Forum. No data on it until now. Thank you for posting. If you would like to register it at the A12 Forum, follow the link below.
http://sixpacksixbbl.homestead.com/form.html

To become a member of the A12 Playground, follow this link:
http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1319411303

Your car is in a large group of VIN's assigned to A12 Road Runners. I would be curious what your K frame date is when you have a moment to check it. Your car was most likely built at the end of May based on the information you have posted.

Congrats again!

D

Nice find. Another off the grid A12 surfaces! It is new to us at the A12 Forum. No data on it until now. Thank you for posting. If you would like to register it at the A12 Forum, follow the link below.

Your car is in a large group of VIN's assigned to A12 Road Runners. I would be curious what your K frame date is when you have a moment to check it. Your car was most likely built at the end of May based on the information you have posted.

Congrats again!

D

Thanks so much!

just saw this response, I’ll reply again after work later. Have a great day

Following!!! Good information sharing
Not sure but I think the K frame may have a skid plate. Also shim under the bump stops maybe???
I am sure a much more knowledgeable A12 guy can confirm.

No skid plate in 1969 on the six pack cars. K-frame will be the "hybrid" 69 top/70 bottom dated (I have an educated guess). Yes, LCA bumper stops will have the shim plate.

D

No skid plate in 1969 on the six pack cars. K-frame will be the "hybrid" 69 top/70 bottom dated (I have an educated guess). Yes, LCA bumper stops will have the shim plate.

D
Thanks
Good confirmation

I hope its a legit one.....I love the A12's so much. This kind of stuff happens a lot, but a lot of the bones of the A-12 are still there....

Congrats again!

D

I’ll check K frame this weekend.

Confirmed radiator support and rear quarter numbers do match.

Super cool find/buy. Without question, get the hood, six pack setup, a dana and bring it back to original. Thats a super rare/cool car you got.

Not sure if you got a good deal on it or how much you’re looking to spend on it, but I’d allocate $7,500 right off the top for the following as they are some of the most crucial pieces in bringing this car back to what it should be.

$2,000.00 - Dana 60
$2,000.00 - 6 Pack setup.
$1,300.00 - G70-15 Redlines
$1,000.00. - A12 Hood
$900.00 - Air Cleaner Base Plate
$200.00 - set of steel wheels

That broadcast sheet is incredibly valuable too. I would love to have mine. Be sure and guard that document well. If you ever want to sell, I have seen those literally make sales happen that were previously on the fence and add on thousands to the sale price.

Ask me how I know :p

Last edited:
MRL777, if you spotted my red x on your post#20, i apologize, and have removed it! I assure you, it was a scrolling error on my phone.

Also, as your buying parts, be sure and ask around (or here) for opinions. Unfortunately there are some people within our community that are not good sellers.

the dana 60 for example, make sure it has the 3 bolt holes on top for the pinion snubber and the proper BOM number. If it does not have the revisions for the pinion snubber, it could be a converted truck rear end which DOES NOT call for a high asking price.

I am amazed at the wealth of knowledge.
Thanks sincerely for all of the input everyone.

Been busy with work but verified VIN matches radiator support and rear quarter, still looking for the K frame numbers.

I meet with a local Mopar guru Sunday night to get a lead on some of the parts.
C0692F1E-61B8-447F-95EA-BD73FC9C2690.jpeg
D8F32584-7345-4129-9B96-98DBBCA5A789.jpeg
697EF806-C025-4FCD-AE99-BD2F82C86E3F.jpeg
6F1E175C-9159-4210-A978-996F81CA5E5E.jpeg
2DF275B0-FA0C-42DA-BE24-E9966FE7E1FC.jpeg
FA788409-CF93-4A20-874A-CC96A62AD8B6.jpeg

A few more pictures.... 355DF630-DC11-4233-9630-FF97C7E518B4.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back