• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger 500 Rebuild

I’d say it’s worth above a RT and a little less than a Daytona. Price will fluctuate depending on who wants it. Folks always say color impacts a sale but not like the options and originality, IMO . Green/ Brown doesn’t deter me if it’s a quality vehicle. Those were just a color of the time about like silver, gray, white and black are what most cars are now. Just enjoy it for what it not what it isn’t..! Your a lucky guy!

Does anyone know if this combo is as rare as some ppl claim? There was a video of a car show I watched with 13 charger 500s and there was one there that was black on red. I thought the guy said it was the only original one known to exist.

The registry will always be a work in progress and does not have the details of every known car. Information in it is either publicly available or voluntarily given to populate it. There are at least three known black cars with red interiors that my inferior memory can recall. My bet would be that there are a couple more.... so not many total. A few more unknown 500's pop up every year and the picture keeps getting clearer and clearer.

Looking forward to seeing the info on your car as it seems to be outside the norm. Do I also see that it is a non-console car?

I’d say it’s worth above a RT and a little less than a Daytona. Price will fluctuate depending on who wants it. Folks always say color impacts a sale but not like the options and originality, IMO . Green/ Brown doesn’t deter me if it’s a quality vehicle. Those were just a color of the time about like silver, gray, white and black are what most cars are now. Just enjoy it for what it not what it isn’t..! Your a lucky guy!

I agree 100%. The fact that its black on red 8s just a huge perk in my eyes. I always said I would never own a white vehicle yet I own an off white 65 Bonneville because it is just awesome in its own right.

The registry will always be a work in progress and does not have the details of every known car. Information in it is either publicly available or voluntarily given to populate it. There are at least three known black cars with red interiors that my inferior memory can recall. My bet would be that there are a couple more.... so not many total. A few more unknown 500's pop up every year and the picture keeps getting clearer and clearer.

Looking forward to seeing the info on your car as it seems to be outside the norm. Do I also see that it is a non-console car?

I want to see the car number 393 in the registry,that will put the only 392 built myth to bed! My old 500 was 239388.

I think you've got a better than average shot at having your build sheet & not one from another car....
Typically the sheets got swapped cause the seats got swapped... The sheet was tucked into the seat & the seats got piled up.... The guy on the assembly line just grabs a seat thats on the pile & throws it in the car.... But the pile of black seats is large so lots of black seats got put into a different car than the sheet matched.... You've got a red interior, the rarest color for interiors..... If there's any sheet at all you'll have the correct sheet...

Wow what a great story and a super cool car...love the colour combo!

If the fender tag is as rough as you say be very careful with it especially of you don't find a build sheet. If you want to try and clean it up don't sand or grind away at it, use electrolysis to clean it up, then you are only removing the rust, and not the surviving metal.

FWIW Garage mate had two 500s one a 440 4spd the other a 426 Hemi 4spd that he couldn't authenticate.
The problem is the conversion company would get a batch of Chargers from the factory in and throw the seats in a pile until window plug, glass, and trim installed.
Then they would grab whatever was on top the pile and stuff them in as long as the color matched.
Very unlikely the build sheet matches the car.
BTW the problem with the Hemi car was the production sequence number higher than the rage sent to the conversion company.

FWIW Garage mate had two 500s one a 440 4spd the other a 426 Hemi 4spd that he couldn't authenticate.
The problem is the conversion company would get a batch of Chargers from the factory in and throw the seats in a pile until window plug, glass, and trim installed.
Then they would grab whatever was on top the pile and stuff them in as long as the color matched.
Very unlikely the build sheet matches the car.
BTW the problem with the Hemi car was the production sequence number higher than the rage sent to the conversion company.
I'm hoping with this one having the red interior the seat avoided the pile as there wouldn't have been much of one lol. I won't know until after I get it home this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Can you reach this spreadsheet?

Take a look at the STATS tab for things like colors, etc.

do you have the registry web,email ??to add my car to the list [options wise} my email ***************** no##xx29l9b162264

Last edited by a moderator:
'69 Charger 500 euphoria:D

No cure.:)

Auto Transport Service
Back