• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger 500 Rebuild

do you have the registry web,email ??to add my car to the list [options wise} my email *********************** no##xx29l9b162264

I am an editor, so I can add your info. At a minimum, a photo of the VIN, then the fender tag and or/build sheet would be great, a couple of photos and/or description of condition. Whatever you are willing to share would be great in adding to historical knowledge of these cars.

Mike (#41)

https:
//docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nOP_jm5OHD6FTiF2e4S83W0Lc55cVFCds3fiwwBsE-g/edit#gid=0

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d say it’s worth above a RT and a little less than a Daytona. Price will fluctuate depending on who wants it. Folks always say color impacts a sale but not like the options and originality, IMO . Green/ Brown doesn’t deter me if it’s a quality vehicle. Those were just a color of the time about like silver, gray, white and black are what most cars are now. Just enjoy it for what it not what it isn’t..! Your a lucky guy!

I traded my 500 to Troy for a 1970 Charger R/T V code automatic car with the matching numbers engine. The body isn't perfect on the V code car,but it is a nice California car. The 500 was a life long Massachusetts car,that presented well,but needed a trunk floor,trunk extensions, outer wheel houses,rear quarters, rear valence,and corners and a tailpanel. It had a non matching 69 440 and automatic transmission in it,that ran,but was just sitting in the car and needed to be hooked up. It has 4 piston disc brakes and a 4,10 Dana 60 with a locker in it from its drag racing days. At the time,ten years ago I thought it was an nearly even trade,and I still think even restored that the 70 V code Charger R/T is worth as much as the 500 is restored.

I think you've got a better than average shot at having your build sheet & not one from another car....
Typically the sheets got swapped cause the seats got swapped... The sheet was tucked into the seat & the seats got piled up.... The guy on the assembly line just grabs a seat thats on the pile & throws it in the car.... But the pile of black seats is large so lots of black seats got put into a different car than the sheet matched.... You've got a red interior, the rarest color for interiors..... If there's any sheet at all you'll have the correct sheet...
SOOOO.....exciting news. Got the car home and pulled the bottom rear seat. My buddy looks at me and says "that sucks no build sheet". Told him, like I said its normally behind the back rest seat. Get the seat loose, pull it forward and hear him freak out like he saw his first pair of boobs. Lmfao. Bad news.....my car is #220083 black paint/red interior and the broadcast sheet is for #220079 red paint/red interior and the other car is not on the registry. Oh so close. On a lighter note there are now 2 cars that can be added to the registry. I will be posting the broadcast sheet to the lost and found thread shortly.

Sorry to hear that but it might still be there but in a different location. If you could post pictures of the BS the would be great as well as posting the full VIN so the search engines can see it. The other owner may be looking for it.

I have heard of guys finding a build sheet above the glovebox as well.

SOOOO.....exciting news. Got the car home and pulled the bottom rear seat. My buddy looks at me and says "that sucks no build sheet". Told him, like I said its normally behind the back rest seat. Get the seat loose, pull it forward and hear him freak out like he saw his first pair of boobs. Lmfao. Bad news.....my car is #220083 black paint/red interior and the broadcast sheet is for #220079 red paint/red interior and the other car is not on the registry. Oh so close. On a lighter note there are now 2 cars that can be added to the registry. I will be posting the broadcast sheet to the lost and found thread shortly.

Congratulations on getting the car home,that's awesome! Sometimes you can find a build sheet behind the seatbacks of the front seats,on the bottom of the front seats,underneath the carpet, and above the glove box. You might have the build sheet to another of the handful of black 500 cars with red interiors. It shouldn't be too hard to find the car. He might have your buildsheet too.

Yup - keep looking in all seats, glove box, under carpet and even in the doors. There can be a second copy of yours!

Great news getting it home. Congrats!

Another quick update. Was able to clean up the fender tag a bit to get some info. My black on red color combo has proven to be NOT original. It in fact originally according to the fender tag was white with red interior.

20220430_002915.jpg 20220430_002855.jpg

Quite unusual. Maybe the lowest-optioned (or tied for lowest) Charger 500 made. :thumbsup:

Quite unusual. Maybe the lowest-optioned (or tied for lowest) Charger 500 made. :thumbsup:
My buddy brought up an interesting fact that all the extra options added weight. It is possible that it was originally purchased to race. There is a window sticker still on it of either race club or just a run of the day mod shop from back in the day. Haven't researched it yet.

20220429_233319.jpg

do you have the registry web,email ??to add my car to the list [options wise} my email ********************* no##xx29l9b162264
Mister hemi, email me the info on 162264 and I will add it to the registry online. I know the car is a 4 speed and R4 red. Danny Liebrandt *****************

Last edited by a moderator:
In my database I have documented 7 W1 cars with red interior over the years, and the partial sheet you have makes the 3rd known R4 500 with red interior as well.

In my database I have documented 7 W1 cars with red interior over the years, and the partial sheet you have makes the 3rd known R4 500 with red interior as well.
Are you talking about the charger 500 registry?

Auto Transport Service
Back