• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Coronet 440 Bucket Seat Identity ?

69 Sleeper Bee

Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
Just bought this 1969 Coronet 440 and I need help identifying these bucket seats and console.
I do not believe a stock Coronet 440 body style had a bucket option let alone a center console. I have another one that has the split bench and I thought that was the only front seat available.
Any ideas about what year or model these might have come from would be greatly appreciated!
This is not a super bee or R/T.

Coronet seats driver side ezgif-3-d74cdf5d0647.jpg coronet seats passenger side ezgif-3-e741226ade57.jpg Coronet under driver seat ezgif-3-a54436399961.jpg Coronet rear seat ezgif-3-75b1ed18c997.jpg

You are correct about the availability of buckets. They were standard on the RT and 500 and not available on the 440 or Deluxe. On both the RT and 500 both the console and buddy seat were optional.
Do both of the bucket seats in your pictures recline?

Those are 100%not 69 bucket seat's.....look like about 1980s or so buckets out of something else

And that is not a 69 Mopar console or buddy seat. From what little I can see, it reminds me of an early 90s Jeep Cherokee XJ console lid.

Those are 100%not 69 bucket seat's.....look like about 1980s or so buckets out of something else[/QUOTE

That's what I was thinking. They have a mid 80's look to them. That plastic lift handle was my first clue.
I'll keep them in there for now cause there not in bad shape but will eventually go back to the split bench if I can find one.

I have been looking at center consoles on google and it looks real close to a 1979 Aspen R/T
This one has a floor shift auto but the one in my car must have been a column shift.

1979-Dodge-Aspen-RT_interior-e1596343585876-630x390.jpg

You are correct about the availability of buckets. They were standard on the RT and 500 and not available on the 440 or Deluxe. On both the RT and 500 both the console and buddy seat were optional.
Do both of the bucket seats in your pictures recline?
They do recline. I did not realize that till you brought it up. Thanks !

Auto Transport Service
Back