• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 coronet/super bee bulge hood value?

69 Q5 Bee

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
What would be a fair price for one of these hoods? The only ones I’ve seen for sale are in ads that are several years old so I’m sure the value has likely gone up. My car came with this style hood when new but it’s long gone so I’m debating on putting it back the way it came or going with a nice repro six pack style hood.

25 years ago when I was looking for one for my Coronet I had a heck of a time finding a decent one, most had hood pin holes or damage to the nose. Eventually I found a clean one with nice hood inserts, think I paid about $350?

But current value I don't know, if I was looking today I would think at least $500-$750 depending on condition...if you can find a nice clean one make an offer that you're comfortable with and go from there.

The power bulge hood is what makes the car something special. A good original power bulge hood would be worth whatever they are asking, if you can find one. Considering how much rare original parts are now, like seat cores for over $1000 and steering wheels for $600 or more, I would expect to pay in the $2000 range. If you find an extra one that is in good shape...Keep us posted if you find one.

There was a guy in Massachusetts who was doing the bodywork and painting those hoods and selling them on E bay for a grand to fifteen hundred each. Personally I wouldn't want to pay more than $750 for a decent one.

25 years ago when I was looking for one for my Coronet I had a heck of a time finding a decent one, most had hood pin holes or damage to the nose. Eventually I found a clean one with nice hood inserts, think I paid about $350?

But current value I don't know, if I was looking today I would think at least $500-$750 depending on condition...if you can find a nice clean one make an offer that you're comfortable with and go from there.
I'll buy all the power budge hoods you can find for $500-750.

There are fiberglass versions available too if that would interest you

I'd say $1500 minimum before shipping. Then the cost to paint the hood to match your car and blend the fenders and cowl.

I think that what is harder to do than finding one in your price range, is finding one in your travelling range. You can find them for sale still, but try finding a seller who will package one up and bring it to a shipper. I have been looking for one and have been expecting to pay crazy shipping costs, but it isn't something most sellers want to mess with. I can't say I blame them either.

The power bulge hood is what makes the car something special. A good original power bulge hood would be worth whatever they are asking, if you can find one. Considering how much rare original parts are now, like seat cores for over $1000 and steering wheels for $600 or more, I would expect to pay in the $2000 range. If you find an extra one that is in good shape...Keep us posted if you find one.
I have a two , a 69 , hood pinned ,gold strip on underside , and a 68 3 '4 inch of corner damage .Both are power bulge with inserts . No shipping , Topeka kansas area . Taking offers

I have a two , a 69 , hood pinned ,gold strip on underside , and a 68 3 '4 inch of corner damage .Both are power bulge with inserts . No shipping , Topeka kansas area . Taking offers
And, like I said above, I think the big problem isn't finding one, it is finding one near you since shipping them is a big pain in the butt.

I had an NOS bulge hood I sold in 2015 for $2000.
I could have sold it a number of times for that. They are much more rare than a roadrunner hood.

Oh my !! I was thinking used , hood pinned Quite a bit less ,!? but who knows ! In 1990 they were 700 or so . From hays kansas auto museum damaged ! I sent it back they said, fine we will fix it and use it . Not sure where all of those cars Went ! Closed i here ! To sell it without the Inserts , and sell them seperate may be better too, depends .

The inserts are reproduced and available. The hoods are not.

I know they are! but some want all original, period.. but yeah years ago they were gold. Hens teeth , in 1990 dollars , 250.00 a set .

Show us some pictures of the hoods and the inserts, please.

I understand the appeal of the bulge hoods on the 1971-74 Chargers, the bulge was huge and it changed the look of the car in a big way. But on the 1968-69 Coronets, it's tiny and doesn't change the look IMO.

Auto Transport Service
Back