• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Charger Trunk Color

Bob R

Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
Good morning all,

I took my 69 Dodge Charger to a Car Show this year and was pleased to Win 1st Place in my category, but afterward one of the judges mentioned that I would have scored even higher if my trunk was painted the same color as my car, not the black matted paint that I have now. Is that right... ????

Thank you all in advance,
Bob R.

:welcome: aboard!

Trunk should be the same color as the car if you're going for the original look. Post pictures, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Ok then, he was right, have to get the car in the barn and mix a batch of paint.
Thank you. I posted one pic of my Charger in the Photo Album, but here's another, rear view.
.... 101_0778.jpg

Thank you..... I didn't want to paint it the original 69 Charger White. If you remember it was almost an Off-White, like a tan mixed in. I fell in love with the 97 GM Bright White, looks awesome in the Sun. Lol.

Thanks again.
Bob R

Auto Transport Service
Back