• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Coronet 500. Should I go for it?

Banana Powder

Local time
3:57 AM
Reaction score
Hows it going everybody. I am new here. I sold my 1967 Mustang coupe last September and I am sad that I am no longer in the classic car game. Im looking to get myself back into it, and what better way than to get into Mopars?

So I've been searching for the past 2 months for a good car to enter me into the world of Mopars, and I came across this 1969 Dodge Coronet. I love Coronets, and I'm interested in this boards opinions on this car. Below I will put the craigslist link and a link to a photo album of the car. I'm not into spending 6k right now, my budget is more around $4500-5000. Im looking for a driver that I can work on as I drive. Nothing major, just something I can cruise around in and drive pretty regularly.

So what do you guys think of this 1969 Coronet? Worth the asking price? Do you think it would make a good driver to slowly restore? I know little about this car and Mopars in general, so Im looking for opinions from experienced people who know what to look for when buying Bbodies. I know only so much can be said by looking at photos, so I appreciate any kind of feedback. The owner has informed me that these are older pictures, and that the interior is more complete now. He has a patch panel for the hole in the passenger side floor. Im going to go see the car, but its a little over an hour away, so I want to make sure its worth going to see, especially during this month when I am busy with school and free time is hard to come by. Anyway, thanks for reading my post.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/2364459485.html

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ32

looks good in the picture. A very close up look for rust in the body and floor/trunk will tell you what you have to work with. That rear end gear is a bit much for the street but do-able. That might be your first expense. I'm sure you could get it for less then asking price.

Looks good for the price, just check the torsion bar cross member for rust and check the rear spring shackles and frame, the trunk most likely will be rusty but I have never seen a B-body without trunk floor rust!!! Welcome aboard!!!

Well I offered $4500. I guess he felt insulted, and gave me a negative response to my email, despite the fact that I was very polite to him. I wished him luck with the sale, and thanked him for his patience. He then proceeded to wish me luck in buying a Camaro. :violent-smiley-100:

That kinda bothered me. Needless to say I won't be picking this car up.

Geez......No need for the guy to be an *** about it. Good luck on your continued hunt..

BTW...Banana Powder? LOL, cool name.

That's too bad. I liked that car. ...and you offered about 20% below asking price, which IMO, was a good place to start.

You should have gone to see the car so he would know you were interested. Email is a little impersonal and easy to reject an offer.

I would have gone to see it, but the car is about an hour away. I don't have a car right now, and its been hard to find time lately to devote to seeing cars. Its the end of the semester and I've got finals coming up. Not much free time.

I also found a nice 1972 Dart slant six for sale locally. $3800. I know its not a B body, but I figured I'd mention it anyway. I looks pretty nice, and maybe one day when I get some cash together I can swap a 360 into it. How difficult is the /6 to v8 swaps on 70's Darts? Anyway, heres the link:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/2350890684.html

/6 swap pretty easy with schumacher conversion motor mounts.... Check out For A Bodies Only. I'm sure you could find a thread on 6 to 8 engine swaps on A's over there.

Auto Transport Service
Back