• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Coronet 500 update - trunk floor is out

Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
Trunk floor has been removed and I am suffering badly from spot weld removal fatigue.
Any opinions on the next step - keep going and replace the full rails or cap/reinforce/replace the damaged sections ?
Suggestion on manufacturer ?

Dodge trunk.jpg

Dodge Interior Floor.jpg

Dodge trunk removed.jpg

Dodge LR Frame Rail.jpg

RR Frame Rail.jpg

Dodge underside.jpg

Good work on the spot welds. Those are a pain in the butt. I would send a pm to littleredcoffin. I think he's NH and he sells part here on the forum. He's had some 68-70 b body parts for sale recently. Maybe he'll have some original frame rails.

Trunk floor has been removed and I am suffering badly from spot weld removal fatigue.
Any opinions on the next step - keep going and replace the full rails or cap/reinforce/replace the damaged sections ?
Suggestion on manufacturer ?

View attachment 1624134

View attachment 1624135

View attachment 1624136

View attachment 1624137

View attachment 1624138

View attachment 1624139Dont take this the wrong way but are you planning on welding frame rails in yourself? If you are just making sure you are a qualified welder and not a weekend warrior. I have guys working for me that have been welding HP gas and steam for years and have a weld fail inspection once in awhile. If the welds on the frame rail are not done right god forbid u have an accident it could be really bad.

I think I can see it from the pics but is the tail panel still on? And were you going to try and replace it with a one piece trunk pan?

Good work on the spot welds. Those are a pain in the butt. I would send a pm to littleredcoffin. I think he's NH and he sells part here on the forum. He's had some 68-70 b body parts for sale recently. Maybe he'll have some original frame rails.
thanks for the suggestion

Tail panel is intact. Trunk pan and both extensions.

For whatever its worth, I went through this recently on my 69 super bee and was unable to get the trunk pan in by sliding it in under the tail panel, however I only replaced 1 extension. You might be able to slide the panel in with both extensions out but I'm doubtful. I ended up cutting the panel in half down the middle and then welding it back up. I know other year b bodies this works but I could not get it.

Auto Transport Service
Back