• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Dodge Coronet 500

Car looks good, I read whole thread, now I'm motivated to put the finish on my 1/4 and move on with body work maybe I can make nats. Congats on your son. Tell your neighbors to calm down at least they know what your doing not building bombs in secret rooms

Working on the floor now of the car. There is a spot in the front passenger foot area that needs to be cut out and replaced. Other than one area, the floor is solid. I was wondering if I can lay rust bullet down over the surface without having to take it to bare metal?

Here are some pics including one of a 65 Dodge Monaco that is being restored in the shop:

907221_10201014269224666_1569333729_n[1].jpg907522_10201014270384695_1562954943_n[1].jpg908558_10201014269784680_279235647_n[1].jpg908562_10201014268224641_1115000142_n[2].jpg908823_10201014268504648_1159834497_n[1].jpg909124_10201014268624651_1056392771_n[1].jpg

Craig

Been awhile since I posted, but got back to work on the Coronet. I have spent so many hours on the floors getting them sanded and prepped. Finally got some Rust Bullet down today and it looks good. I got a patch for the passenger foot well area that will get patched in over the next couple weeks.

Coronet Floor.jpg

There isn't much body work left other than fixing the rocker area on the passenger side and fixing the hood scoop.

Craig

Craig the cars looking really good can't wait to see future updates

Been another long time since posting on the progress. Getting used to having a little one running around and the time constraints it places on me. However, all the body work on the car is complete and it has been painted. I decided to go with black because I didn't really care for the original yellow of the car. While some people may think black is overdone on muscle cars, I just think it looked right. I still have to get the vinyl top installed and a ton of other work to get started on. Here are some pics.

IMAG0521.jpgIMAG0524.jpgIMAG0527.jpg

Craig

I have to give you a lot of credit for doing all that work and spending big bucks! I have fixed other cars in worse condition without all that panel replacement. I was told by professionals to use as much of the original panels as possible but maybe those guys were wrong? at any rate good luck finishing your car! God Bless America!

I have to give you a lot of credit for doing all that work and spending big bucks! I have fixed other cars in worse condition without all that panel replacement. I was told by professionals to use as much of the original panels as possible but maybe those guys were wrong? at any rate good luck finishing your car! God Bless America!

I guess it's a matter of perspective. For me it was a balancing act of budget vs. originality. Most of the parts that were replaced would have cost significantly more $$$ if the body shop was to repair them. Also, if I went the route of repairing severely damaged parts, there was always a chance the finished product would show minor imperfections after the paint was laid down. So it came down to what I could afford and what was important to me. The shop would have been more than happy for me to spend big $$$ repairing parts and what not, but it wasn't in my budget. They let me do a lot of work on the car at their place using their tools and supplies without charging me - this saved me quite a bit. If I had to do it all over again, I believe I would make the same choices.

Craig

That black looks great. The hardest part of the project is in the rear view mirror for you now. Now the fun part begins imo.

I liked the Yellow. If it's black, it better be straight.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. For me it was a balancing act of budget vs. originality. Most of the parts that were replaced would have cost significantly more $$$ if the body shop was to repair them. Also, if I went the route of repairing severely damaged parts, there was always a chance the finished product would show minor imperfections after the paint was laid down. So it came down to what I could afford and what was important to me. The shop would have been more than happy for me to spend big $$$ repairing parts and what not, but it wasn't in my budget. They let me do a lot of work on the car at their place using their tools and supplies without charging me - this saved me quite a bit. If I had to do it all over again, I believe I would make the same choices.

Craig

Well it came out great and good for your with scoring that situation with the shop .. you must have done good by them. Nice results too and good you saved some fun tickets for other stuff

Trunk Decal has been installed and I spent a few hours prepping the floors before I spray on some U-POL Raptor Liner or SEM Rock-IT (Still undecided).Coronet_Decal1.jpgCoronet-Decal2.jpgCoronet-Floor_Seam_Sealer1.jpgCoronet-Floor_Seam_Sealer2.jpg

Craig

Looks good Craig! I'd recommend the SEM myself. Mask off everything real, real good!! That stuff gets on something, it is very hard to get off. That white strip looks excellent on there. Happy spraying!

looks awesome cant wait to get back on my coronet project.

Attachments

• cor3.jpg
    cor3.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 197
  • cor2.jpg
    cor2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 183
That looks absolutely beautiful crahill39, very hard to beat the black and i do love the white stripe!!! And barelad69 she looks like a cool project, the 69 is one of the nicest to have! Good luck getting it started it looks like she's surviving the wait well!

The hood if finished. I am pretty happy with the Organisol product from Year One.
Coronet Hood 3.jpgCoronet Hood2.jpg

Craig

Attachments

• Coronet Hood.jpg
    Coronet Hood.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 168
Very, very nice, the hood looks badass with the organisol paint and I love the stripe. Great job on a beautiful car.

Yea, that hood looks killer man! And i love the white stripe!!

Auto Transport Service
Back