• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Driver's side door window function

lyndondb

Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Ok, working on my winter projects and the driver's side door window has always been difficult to roll up or down. So, I pulled the regulator out and the window is still
so stiff in the tracks it will remain in whatever position I put it. Is this normal? Do the tracks have adjustments to loosen up the force to go up or down?

Spray some lube,in the tracks, and all the hinge points, and work it up and down a few times. That is what worked for me. Dont let the window drop below the "kitty hair" scrapers, or it might tear them up trying to get it back up. (Don't ask how I know).

You want silicone spray in the tracks, not a petroleum-based lube.

A few variables here. Rear track is not at the proper angle to match the vent frame. Foot is broken off the bottom of the vent frame window channel, but most likely it's the 32330 slider mylar torn and bunched up or the H pins broken that are jamming the door glass in the vent frame channel.

A few variables here. Rear track is not at the proper angle to match the vent frame. Foot is broken off the bottom of the vent frame window channel, but most likely it's the 32330 slider mylar torn and bunched up or the H pins broken that are jamming the door glass in the vent frame channel.
Thanks. Is there a way to adjust the rear channel if it isn't aligned? And I assume the 32330 slider mylar is the black liner inside the tracks?

3m silicone paste. Use it on your modern car window tracks, too. Your power window regulator will last forever.

Thanks. Is there a way to adjust the rear channel if it isn't aligned? And I assume the 32330 slider mylar is the black liner inside the tracks?
Yes the plastic/mylar that rides up and down the track with the glass and H pins. Many times it gets torn and bunches up somewhere on the glass jamming things up.

The rear channel/guide is adjustable. Bolt at the top (with some minor adjustablitiy) is in the rear "jam" face of the door near the top, but this is mainly the "pivot point". The lower nut is accessable (at least on a '69) through the plastic plug down lower. You just need ot loosen the nut and it's stud slides back in forth in a long slot. On a '66/67 you have to pull the door card to adjust it, I'm unfortunately into that next on my '66 as the glass is tipped to far in at the top.
superbirdbentdoorpt3 006.jpg
superbirdbentdoorpt2 031.jpg
superbirdbentdoorpt2 034.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back