• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 fender tag info

GRAY WILSON

Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
I am looking at a 1969 Roadrunner and need help with a couple of codes. it is a Lynch Road car and I need help with the engine code-925, and the axel code-593. Can anyone help?

925: Engine=925 engine assembly code = 383-4bbl HP 335 hp painted orange for installation in a B body with a manual transmission
593: Axle=593 is a 3:23 single track rear. It is a non-sure-grip unit

Going out on a limb - 603: 603 = transmission part number = four speed manual transmission behind a 383 - 23 Spline

An additional note on my sheet for the 593 axle is that its car would have front drum brakes (size not defined), and 11" rear drum (width not defined...2-1/2" probably?)

M

Thanks to all who responded. It was very helpfull. I currently have a 69 Lynch road car and the axel code was 595. Gray

Same as 593 except includes Sure Grip

593 has 11” front and rear. 3” wide in front.
Thanks for the info - will update my sheet. Do you know the correct width of the rear, by chance?

Also - general question: These numbers were "rubber stamped" with paint onto the axle assemblies, correct? They were not "stamped into metal" anywhere?

Thanks
Mark

Seems they might be 2” on lo po cars with 10” stuff. I never fooled with those and can’t recall what ive seen in charts. The hd suspension cars got 11x3 for sure and 11x 2.5 in rear I believe.

Auto Transport Service
Back