• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 GTX Interior Door Panel Emblem Position?

ToddMcF2002

Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
My new interior door panels don't appear to have the emblem location marked. From the various pics I've seen it appears the emblem goes an inch down from the chrome strip and maybe centered on the black arm rest portion? If anyone could measure from the chrome bottom edge to the top of the emblem and relative to the arm rest it would be hugely helpful!!!! Thanks for any help in advance

IMG_8505.jpg

981459b4be036c5dee339bfb7e3e4f8c.jpg

1182348-1969-plymouth-gtx-std.jpg

3779621-47088-1969-plymouth-gtx.jpg

My new interior door panels don't appear to have the emblem location marked. From the various pics I've seen it appears the emblem goes an inch down from the chrome strip and maybe centered on the black arm rest portion? If anyone could measure from the chrome bottom edge to the top of the emblem and relative to the arm rest it would be hugely helpful!!!! Thanks for any help in advance

View attachment 1336394

View attachment 1336396

View attachment 1336397

View attachment 1336398
I found it strange that the blue end on the driver’s side points to the front of the car while the passenger side is reversed.

From what I can tell its blue forward on the drivers side and red forward on the passenger - but I'm also seeing examples with blue forward on both sides. Need an expert to weigh in!

Why would someone "disagree" with my statement that online I see the emblems facing different directions in different cars? I'm asking for input not stating what the orientation should be?

The locating pin is in different places on an original set of panels I was given measurements on. Make sense to me, reading left to right you see “red, white, and blue“ depending on the side. Here are the numbers I was given.

IMG_0257.png

From what I can tell its blue forward on the drivers side and red forward on the passenger - but I'm also seeing examples with blue forward on both sides. Need an expert to weigh in!
My former A33 GTX, which is currently in the Volo museum, and advertised for sale in Hemmings, has the original door panels, with the original emblems still in place. There are high quality photos in the Hemmings ad, which clearly show the emblems with red on the forward end, both driver side and passenger side. My currrent '69 was formerly owned by a Kruzin Moons partner, and was restored with their reproductions, using an original car as a reference. Both emblems have the red section on the forward end.

Auto Transport Service
Back