• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 GTX Lower trim install.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
OK I know there was another topic on this. However I couldn't find any instructions or pictures of the installation method for the lower side chrome. With the exception of the 8 speed nut type fasteners which should be used in the trunk area since this is the only logical place to put them. The rest are the little plastic kind with the plastic pin. Use a 3/16 drill bit and get a rubber hammer. Someone said to use the speed nut type by driving the speed nut into a 1/4 inch hole.. That is incorrect. The only place you put those speed nut fasteners is in the trunk area.

Fastener locations.

7712636-DSC02742rswarwscopy.jpg
IMG_2076[1].JPG
IMG_2077[1].JPG
IMG_2078[1].JPG
IMG_2079[1].JPG
IMG_2080[1].JPG
IMG_2084[1].JPG
IMG_2082[1].JPG
IMG_2086[1].JPG
IMG_2085[1].JPG

Last edited:
Wow, I really like that black and yellow paint scheme. Beautiful car.

I think I recently saw Justin's post on this same subject. I didn't have the funds for all the trim on mine so I welded up all my holes for the single color scheme.

This is my friends car. In the last picture in the background you can see the Roadrunner under a car cover.. Should get them together one day and take a Ketchup and Mustard Picture. I posted these pictures because pictures are worth a 1000 words. And should save some time for anyone guessing. I did not use the 8 speed nut type in the trunk area. However may still do that. But thats where they go.

I detalied the install on my build thread here from start to finish

The speed nut also goes on the last hole to the rear of each door.....

I detalied the install on my build thread here from start to finish
I understand.. But when using google and you search for GTX trim install it doesn't come up I guess since its in a build thread. its kind of buried in that all encompassing thread.
I also looked for your build thread but couldnt find it. I was getting most of your for sale threads.

I understand.. But when using google and you search for GTX trim install it doesn't come up I guess since its in a build thread. its kind of buried in that all encompassing thread.
I also looked for your build thread but couldnt find it. I was getting most of your for sale threads.
I will attach that page tonight.....hard to do from my phone at the moment.......

Auto Transport Service
Back