• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Plymouth Sport Satellite Rocker Panel Clips

Mopar Paul

Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
I have been trying find these for years. No one makes them. Aftermarket shops won't produce them unless they can sell at least 10,000. We have a plastic specialty shop here in town. Last week, I inquired about having some made. They have two ways to do it. They can scan the clip & basically 3D print them. Cost would be $20 - $25 per clip. Or, they can make a mold & mass produce them. The cost of the mold is $5000 - $6000 plus $.75-$1.00 per clip. They want me to bring one in so they can look at it. The problem is, I don’t have an original clip. When I had the car painted, they broke/removed/threw away all the old clips. A guy who makes plastic fish for aquarium’s, made some for me. However, the plastic isn’t like the original. Not flexible. I was getting into the car & caught my shoe the rocker molding & broke every one of the clips. My plan now is to find someone with an original, unbroken clip to give me (loan me) so I can have the plastic guys look & see what the best course of action is. THIS IS A NOTICE to see how many people are interested? If can get enough people, I would probably go for the mold. Does anybody have an original, unbroken clip I can use?

rocker clips.JPG 20171104_151704.jpg

Hello Paul, I'm the guy who made those for you. Sorry they didn't work out, I have been wondering if they did or not. I'm still looking out for those too. I have one original off of my car that is in pretty good shape and still have a set of nine nos ones. I still need eight of them myself. I've never done a private message on here and don't know exactly how that works, but if you could send me one I will see what we can work out.

Hello Paul, I'm the guy who made those for you. Sorry they didn't work out, I have been wondering if they did or not. I'm still looking out for those too. I have one original off of my car that is in pretty good shape and still have a set of nine nos ones. I still need eight of them myself. I've never done a private message on here and don't know exactly how that works, but if you could send me one I will see what we can work out.
First, thank you sooo much for those clips. If you can send me one so I can have an exact item to show them, I'll return the clip & the favor.
Paul James
2100 Deerfield St.
Bakersfield, CA 93314
Looking for your honest opinion. If sets of these were available, how much would you pay? $200, $300, $400, $500? Trying to figure out best course of action. I'm leaning on having the mold made for mass production.

Hello Paul, I just put a box in the mail to you. It should arrive on 12/7. I put one of the clips that I made that is near perfect as compared to the 'NOS' ones that I have. It should work great for scanning to 3-d print or to make a mold. Just handle very carefully and do not put the pins in it that expand the tabs. Those tabs are quite delicate. I put the pins in with it so you could reproduce those also. I also put one of my old original clips (that was broken) in there so you can have something to compare different plastics with to get something as close to original as possible. As far as what I would pay for a set...well, after being on the search for these, for as many years as I have, lets just say I wouldn't trade my first born but maybe my second. LOL. No.. I would gladly pay $200-$300 for a set considering the hours and hours of scouring every possible thing I can think of to find some. But, at the right time and frame of mind, I know I would pay more just to finally have the search over. Like I say, this has been years. I hope this works out for both of us and anyone else out there who has been in search for these. unobtainium=69 plymouth sport satellite rocker molding clips

So... how did the story end? Do we have to look at the rocker trim hanging on the wall for eternity?!

Auto Transport Service
Back