• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Satellite rocker chrome clips

BenH

Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for the clips for the rocker chrome that runs the length of the car. Joe Suchy has no leads. I still think this post belongs in the 62-65 B Body section..... but it's been deleted so here I am.

I have almost all of the original clips if someone out there wants to collaborate on trying to recreate or restore them. Joe would stock them if they were remade. From what I understand, there is a small pin that goes through the center holes. From looking at mine, it seems like there would have been a special plier used to install and remove them. There is also a small donut gasket that sits around each hole in the rocker, they rotted away but were there when removed.

I also need the front left fender wheel arch chrome, other 3 are good. I have the original but it is beat up really bad and seems pretty difficult to restore.

Any leads ideas or workarounds appreciated, I would really like to put the chrome back on.

0-1.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

That design clip is also used to hold the top trim clips on over the windshield. Needle nose pliers will work. They are a one use design, in my opinion. On my 65 I straightened out the folds and drilled a hole in the center. Then used thread inserts and screws to retain the clips.
I just dawned on me that the other style clip you mentioned would work far better if the plastic pin was a threaded pin screwed into a female thread, similar to a vehicle license plate plastic nut (the square, push in style). Designers note!
Mike

That is 100% what I am going to do, that's a great idea. I will update in a thread however I clean up and modify the original clips and what plastic studs I find and use. I have a buddy with a 3D printer, maybe we can scan the best original to put into a file and recreate.

Auto Transport Service
Back