• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner Six Pack Hood

bighead

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a Road Runner 6 Pack hood that is all steel? Also I don't want a lift off but one I can bolt to the hinges. Thanks in advance for the info.

I've seen a 6 pack scoop mounted to a steel hood on quite a few cars, but it has been a while. you can buy a repop hood and use hinges. You would just need to use a lighter spring so it doesn't bend the hood.
KID

I've seen a 6 pack scoop mounted to a steel hood on quite a few cars, but it has been a while. you can buy a repop hood and use hinges. You would just need to use a lighter spring so it doesn't bend the hood.
KID

Do you know any good websites to look for these parts on?

Thanks

Are you saying the new hoods are that much thinner material necessitating a lighter spring to keep it from bending/warping the new hood? If so, that's an incredibly sad indictment on the repop industry. Are you just 'saying' this or, do you have first-hand information to support this claim? This is important b/c this idea could catch a hold and become a rumor that people believe!

The new steel hoods are as strong, or stronger than the originals. The only reason you would need lighter springs is for a fiberglass hood (the bolt on type).

Can you suggest any good websites or manufactures that where I can get one of these hoods?

Are you saying the new hoods are that much thinner material necessitating a lighter spring to keep it from bending/warping the new hood? If so, that's an incredibly sad indictment on the repop industry. Are you just 'saying' this or, do you have first-hand information to support this claim? This is important b/c this idea could catch a hold and become a rumor that people believe!

No I'm not saying that. I'm saying that 6 pack hoods are fiberglass (Both from the factory and repops) They were not hinged from the factory and the springs from a steel hood are to firm. The repop hoods today are quite nice, but you will have over $1,000 in it when your are finished.
KID

Thanks for the websites. If anyone has any others please let me know.

Thanks

Try http://www.usbody.com/

I haven't checked for your hood but I bought and used a fiberglass hood from these guys for a 72 Mach 1 which was without a doubt the best glass hood I have ever seen or used. I was even able to use factory springs and latch although I did pin the front of the hood for safety's sake.

Does anyone know where I can find a Road Runner 6 Pack hood that is all steel? Also I don't want a lift off but one I can bolt to the hinges. Thanks in advance for the info.
I have a mint 69 RR hood with all the parts needed to convert from a lift off hood. I had a 69 with a lift off hood, I sold the car and still have the parts. I also have a mint trunk and an unused lift off hood. I have other RR parts. Paul (570) 409-8051.

I have a 69RR excellent steel hood with all the parts need to convert from a lift-off hood, an excellent trunk an unused liftoff hood and lots of other parts. I sold my 69 RR this summer and have all the parts in my garage. Paul (570) 409-8051.

Try http://www.usbody.com/

I haven't checked for your hood but I bought and used a fiberglass hood from these guys for a 72 Mach 1 which was without a doubt the best glass hood I have ever seen or used. I was even able to use factory springs and latch although I did pin the front of the hood for safety's sake.

What were the freight chargers total? I see you have to pay once it arrives but it does not tell you what to expect?

Auto Transport Service
Back