• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bolt on A12 Style Hood?

needacheaperhob

Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone make a bolt on A12 6 pack style hood for a 69 Road Runner?

AAR/Stinger are not around.

I can't seem to find anyone that makes a dexcent bolt on? Theres a place in Belleville Ontariio (Showcars body parts) but the reviews leave me wondering how much fitting work would need to be done.

Anyone know of where else to obtain one? Thought i'd ask in case.

Thank you

DO NOT buy anything in fiberglass from Showcars!

If you want an "A12" style hood that bolts on, why not get a used Satellite hood, add a scoop and paint it black.

Than that said, doing the "A12" negates that need for that nice air cleaner I sold you! LOL

I have a VFN. All the hood latch holes are 3/4" off. Not an easy fix !!

DO NOT buy anything in fiberglass from Showcars!

If you want an "A12" style hood that bolts on, why not get a used Satellite hood, add a scoop and paint it black.

Than that said, doing the "A12" negates that need for that nice air cleaner I sold you! LOL
I'm not changing my hood, I love my hood style. I need to replace the N96 duct work but would never think doing anything to the good.

A good friend of mine, quite a few years older and not internet savvy at all (email is all he can do)has started to work on his RR again since I bought mine that he's had for 20+ yrs and wants to add the hood. I told him I'd ask the question for him. He goes through phases where works on his car for a few months then leaves it for a year or two as moves on to something else.

All I want to do is switch out my wheels for steels/redlines and add a bit of a rake to the stance and of course replace the duct work that someone destroyed ....or switched out just before I bought it. Everything else stays the same. To me, that's the perfect RR.

That beautiful air cleaner is looks amazing where it is, thanks to you. I wouldn't sell or trade that for anything...lol. I smile everytime I see it...lol

Unlimited products makes a 69 rr sixpack hood that bolts to the hinges, but apparently the front needs pins. I don't know if it can be adapted to the stock latch, but I suspect not, or they would have said that. It would also need lighter springs.

Does anyone make a bolt on A12 6 pack style hood for a 69 Road Runner?

AAR/Stinger are not around.

I can't seem to find anyone that makes a dexcent bolt on? Theres a place in Belleville Ontariio (Showcars body parts) but the reviews leave me wondering how much fitting work would need to be done.

Anyone know of where else to obtain one? Thought i'd ask in case.
?? Where are you located

Did you call any of them to see what shipping policies they offer or will do?
I have a commcial depot in Ogdensburg NY I can have a hood shipped ro. I live an hour from Ogdensburg so I can pick it up there. He's not concerned with shpping costs. It's his last car so he wants to complete his bucket list.

I did find a brand new AAR/Stinger 6 pack hood someone is selling but it's for a dodge. May purchase it for trade.

A friend on the A side bought a hood, trunklid, and both bumpers from unlimited , and frankly I was surprised how little his shipping was. But he's in Washington state, a good bit closer to socal, and not in Canada.

A friend on the A side bought a hood, trunklid, and both bumpers from unlimited , and frankly I was surprised how little his shipping was. But he's in Washington state, a good bit closer to socal, and not in Canada.
I saw the reviews from Unlimited and it didn't look too impressive....I let him know but it's his call.
Hard too find a decent hood without much fitting.

I have NOT bought anything from Unlimited, even though they are local to me. (They have nothing for either of the cars I would buy glass for).
That said, check the dates on the reviews, I'm betting they are all several years old. The company changed ownership a few years back and it appears that the parts quality has really improved. I will agree that the old reviews were pretty bad.
I am not an advocate for them, just telling what I've heard.

I have NOT bought anything from Unlimited, even though they are local to me. (They have nothing for either of the cars I would buy glass for).
That said, check the dates on the reviews, I'm betting they are all several years old. The company changed ownership a few years back and it appears that the parts quality has really improved. I will agree that the old reviews were pretty bad.
I am not an advocate for them, just telling what I've heard.
Thank you, I appreciate the info. We'll check them out.

Auto Transport Service
Back