• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner

Wow, Now don't hold anything back ! Tell me what u really think ! Haha

you-asked-for-it_o_948541.jpg

Just my opinion, but you should find another to build. That one is to far gone.

Would there be any 4 door B-bodies over there that weren't paper thin? You could use a 4 door for a donor along with a bunch of AMD tin including quarters, roof skin and trunk gutters to make something out of this. if the roof structure is salt-air ate that wouldn't worth either though. It would be nice to save it, it's just to find a method of doing it that doesn't cost more than the end result would be worth.

The 4 speed came with it too? Imo, you didn't do bad for the money you paid.....

Would there be any 4 door B-bodies over there that weren't paper thin? You could use a 4 door for a donor along with a bunch of AMD tin including quarters, roof skin and trunk gutters to make something out of this. if the roof structure is salt-air ate that wouldn't worth either though. It would be nice to save it, it's just to find a method of doing it that doesn't cost more than the end result would be worth.

The car came with pieces of a parts car, better roof skin , bottom of quarters, trunk drops etc. plus extra set fenders & doors & grilles a few other parts.
but still, its a crazy amount of work !

The car came with pieces of a parts car, better roof skin , bottom of quarters, trunk drops etc. plus extra set fenders & doors & grilles a few other parts.
but still, its a crazy amount of work !
Well, what else you got to do! LOL

Just living the Mopar Dream in Beautiful Hawaii !
Got a spare room!? I can bring a bunch of tools including a milling machine, engine lathe, sheet metal shear, 48" finger break, welding machines......and more :D

i would fix it if it was mine i just can’t scrap a 69 road runner plus i would do all the metal work myself

Got a spare room!? I can bring a bunch of tools including a milling machine, engine lathe, sheet metal shear, 48" finger break, welding machines......and more :D

Sure, I'd give u Room & Board for 40 hrs. a week working on my RR ! Weekends would be yours to do as u like ! Haha, book a flight !

.facebook_396363384.jpg 00q0q_izUftKOrSn4_600x450.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 620746_429232873779719_802338809_o.jpg 20180617_102958.jpg 20180617_103135.jpg 75475696-ihvb_0210-w.jpg

This is simple, none of us know you, nor do we know your skill level. You have to know those things for yourself. There is Bible verse that says; "No man builds a house, without first determining the cost." Only you know how much money you have, and how much time you want to invest. You have the car and the parts, take the project as far as your money and time will allow, then sell it if you get tired of it along the way. Remember nothing ventured, means nothing gained! Good luck!

So all jokes aside. What you have their is rare. When getting mine my wife said you sure that should have not gone too the junk yard. 5 and half year's in mine but am retired and could work all the time on it. Thought several time's what I had gotten my self into. But I wanted a 69 runner original four speed runner. Motor was trash and not original and had
IMG_0101.JPG
put a 727 auto. in the car. Would not have it so found a four speed trans. for 400 dollars on E bay. It was like new when I opened it up. Lot's of sheet metal went into the car. Frame rails where good. The fire wall was also good. But upper and lower cowl's were trash. The A pillar part that fit under the upper cowl was gone so had to form my own. Part of the inner frame over the door was not in good shape either and had to find another one. On and on it went. This was a rust bucket so I said. Good luck and Make it the car you want.

This is simple, none of us know you, nor do we know your skill level. You have to know those things for yourself. There is Bible verse that says; "No man builds a house, without first determining the cost." Only you know how much money you have, and how much time you want to invest. You have the car and the parts, take the project as far as your money and time will allow, then sell it if you get tired of it along the way. Remember nothing ventured, means nothing gained! Good luck!

Well, lots of members on here know me and my skill level is enough to do 90% of the work myself. So here are a couple of my builds ! By no means are they perfect, but they are good enough for me. Mahalo for your input ! Time I have and money always comes around when u need it. If your know where to look !

2_20180406_104516.jpg 20160616_083229.jpg 1f.jpg 2.jpg 20160613_094219.jpg 69604666_611331262727959_8132629332137869312_n.jpg 0c.jpg 0_20180902_115955.jpg 1087411-4925000133698df224ef0d94baec8604.jpg 20190714_061620.jpg

Oh: Well the extra parts may help. I would take a pick or hatchet to the frame rails first off to see if they're gone or not (probably are). Then go from there. If the whole underneath is shot, take some time and wait for a donor chassis (2 or 4 door) to come along to combine with what you have. I agree any Road Runner should be saved if possible. You are not a newbie so you know what you are getting into. Honestly my original advice was for an amateur but I have to admit if I had stumbled across this car I would be saving it, if nothing else than for the challenge. One thing that would concern me is AMD sheetmetal going away, but even so I wouldn't order every piece in the AMD book because I would be hoping to find a donor shell to use rather than Taiwan metal.

Auto Transport Service
Back