• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Roadrunner A12 Clone - $11,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmsjaw

Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
There is a ton of money in the driveline of this car. I'll list everything tomorrow. In the mean time, here are some pics:
I'm firm on the price, otherwise on Saturday morning it's going on ebay.
It started life as a Sport Satellite.
It has a built 440 in it with about 525hp. She flat-out snorts.
Dana 60.
727 Automatic with a shift kit.
Yes, I'm aware that the rear quarter panels are for a 1968. The previous owner did it, NOT me. They did a nice job with what I think are AMD panels.
The hood is a U.S. Bodysource, and it's BRAND new. I have the hood pin kits (not installed or drilled), and I have hinges. Whoever buys it can do as they wish.
As I said, I'll list everything I know about it tomorrow.

1968 Roadrunner 8-25-10 070.jpg

1968 Roadrunner 8-25-10 071.jpg

1969 Roadrunner A12 Clone 017.jpg

What part of WI has trees like that?Are these cars in WI?

Southern WI?

Got any pictures of the inside of the car?

Looks like FLA to me...not a bad price if all is well :edgy:

It's in Florida now.

Let me explain it to you this way:
Summer, winter
Winter, summer ;)

The car has black interior.
The back seat is B body, and it's in really nice shape.
The front seats are B body buckets with headrests, but they need foam and to be recovered. The covers are shot.
There is no carpet. I removed it.
It does not have a radio.
It does not have a heater box.
I have a pair of very nice front kick panels, and a very nice set of original visors.
In other words, the interior needs some finishing.
The gas tank is newer.
Shocks are a few years old.
It's got a B&M floor shifter.
Got a Roadrunner grill.
Later tonight I'll list the motor specs.
Sorry, gotta work...taking up alot of my free time.

1969 Roadrunner A12 Clone 020.jpg

1969 Roadrunner A12 Clone 021.jpg

1969 Roadrunner A12 Clone 012.jpg

1969 Roadrunner A12 Clone 038.jpg

No longer for sale.

Kept it or sold it, pmsjaw?

I decided that this forum isn't the place to try and sell a vehicle.
A certain user here made that very clear to me.
I was really hoping that this was a friendly group of fellow mopar enthusists when I joined last week, but it appears it's not.
I'll try and sell it elsewhere.

I decided that this forum isn't the place to try and sell a vehicle.
A certain user here made that very clear to me.
I was really hoping that this was a friendly group of fellow mopar enthusists when I joined last week, but it appears it's not.
I'll try and sell it elsewhere.

Ok, i see why you would be pissed...i would be pissed too. There are people here who think you aren't in the wrong (including me), you have every right to make some xtra dough on parts and cars you buy cheap (welcome to AMERICA). Just cuz there's one surly, jealous member here, you shouldn't leave our forum.

I for one hope you can ignore the one rotten apple and come back. .02

Last edited:
You let a Canadian junior member with only 9 posts run you off? C'mon now. Don't let one ignorant posting run you off. Most of the people here are friendly and helpful.

You are right.

I feel that I in no way need to explain myself, but I will anyway:

I do NOT have a ton of money to put toward my old car hobby. Frankly, I have very little.
My goal is to get the BEST muscle car that I possibly can, and I need it to be a dependable daily driver. Thus, I've purchased three mopar's in the last year. I have one that I've been working on (my A12 clone), but I know it's not the one I'd really like to keep for myself. I want one nicer, a more daily driver friendly one.
So, a couple weeks back I ran across the white 1968 Roadrunner that started all this discussion.
In some ways it's better than my A12, in some ways it's not.
I offered the owner $100 LESS than the price HE TOLD ME was the lowest he would take. He REFUSED my offer. I paid EXACTLY what he said was his bottom line. Our negotiations lasted less than 15 seconds. I didn't beat up anyone, nor did I low-ball anyone. He and his wife ran into a medical issue that forced his retirement. NO ONE ELSE even came to LOOK at the car. I was the ONLY one who came to look. In my opinion, I did that family a GREAT SERVICE, in that I provided them with money for their house payment, food, and medical bills. That fact is undeniable.
After looking over the car for a day or two, I started discussing what I should do with the car with two other car guys in my area that I know. I figured that I would spend close to the exact amount of money finishing the white car as I would the orange one, and the white one would probably be the better one to keep, as it's a TRUE Roadrunner. But I'm not a fan of the 68, and I really want a 1969. I was really torn about what to do. I spent a couple nights last week just staring at the two cars together side-by-side.
One of the older guys mentioned another B body car that was numbers-matching and virtually mint, with air conditioning, and needing nothing but a driver. It is owned by a local businessman who, as many of us, is in need of cash quickly. We figured that if I sold my 1966 Valiant drag car, my A12 clone, the white 1968 RR, and the extra parts parts that came with it, that I could buy the mint B body car, thus having the car I would want to keep and have been trying to build up on a shoe-string (or less) budget.

"Mr. Canadian Jr. Member" made assumptions about me, what I did, and what I am doing.
He is/was incorrect.
You know the old saying, "when you ASSume, you make and AS* out of YOU (U) and ME".
I think Mr. Canadian Jr. Member could use a week off to think about how he speaks and addresses other members, especially new members who come here looking for help and advice.

In closing, I would appreciate all the help I can get from the membership here. If I want to get blasted with strife, biatched at, degraded, etc., I'll shut the computer off at night and spend my evenings with my wife ;)

Nothing wrong with trying to make money off a car.I usally make money off every Mopar I sell.

Thanks for that.

I, for one apppreciate your posting, if no one posted cars and parts for sale, what kind of site would this be?

If anything your doing others a favor and selling a pretty decent car for a decent price tag.

If they don't like the price, they can hit the back button and go on to another thread.

Don't let that keep you from posting ad's for things to sell. This is the place to go to find those hard to find parts and cars.

I see the other car is now gone. Did I miss what was said that shouldn't have been? I know I really pissed someone else off cause I deleted a post I considered "editorial". Was another newbie with ONE post to his credit. Hopefully it was the one that got you going

u should stick around this is the best damn forum u will find!! I think the car is worth what your asking runs drives good body the 68 quarter mishap could be fixed by someone with the knowledge pretty easy I am sure,but as far as the driveline goes from the sound of it sounds like shes a beast And Like the others said stick around the people here are awesome,no pissing contests and alot of knowledge to be shared and laughs!! So dont let some D-Bag run U off this is the forum to be on!!

It's in Florida now.

Let me explain it to you this way:
Summer, winter
Winter, summer ;)

Where in FL? I'm in Palm Beach, if your close maybe we can meet up sometime.
Like others said don't let one jerk run you off. In just about any forum setting there are gonna be some that aren't too pleasant to deal with. Some are just true aholes and others will act a certain way as it not a face to face situation and can't end up with a :black_eye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back