• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 RR- change front bench to non-factory buckets- info requested

skingjack

Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for info if anyone has changed over to non-factory buckets from a bench ( reason I cannot go for factory buckets is a neck/issues + planning an extensive road trip stateside in the future). Any tidbits or gotch-yahs to look out for?

TIA.

Jack

I put some 1986 Daytona seats in my Charger back in the day with no problems. I think you can use some Honda Tiburon seats,some have put them in their Challengers. You might have to fab up some brackets depending what you use.

You may also consider adding an extra plate underneath for reinforcements for the two holes your about to drill thru the floor otherwise you just counting on one piece of sheet metal to hold while the other side is factory.

My 70 Roadrunner had a bench seat. I bought a pair of Scat Procar bucket seats and universal mounting brackets.
20181002_115304.jpg

Working on this now:
68GEEMQ.jpg

j7CLKNr.jpg

Procar buckets, I should have the drivers side installed tomorrow.
Of course the universal seat brackets are anything but, but I think I've come up with a solution.
Will post results once I have info.

Driver Seat installed.
Procar Seat Instal 11.1.20.jpg

I ordered the seats and brackets early July of this year, I received the brackets within a week.
The seat were backordered about 3 months.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-80-1300-51l
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-81000

The brackets came with L shaped metal tabs, meant to be bent / cut / welded to fit your application.
Eventually they seemed like more trouble than they're worth, so I eventually used these square tubes:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Steelworks...c-Plated-Steel-Perforated-Square-Tube/3049419

YRplkL2.jpg

ifWIPGK.jpg

Cut to 14" long and bolted to the bracket, it worked out well as the perforated holes are spaced out 1" center to center.
The exiting holes from the bench were exactly 11" apart.

Procar Seat Instal-2 11.1.20.jpg

The bracket is then bolted to the seat tracks, there are 3 different height settings.

Outboard side is set at the highest (bottom), inboard is set in the middle that gives approx. .625" height difference to account for the floor near the tunnel hump.

bJ5N1xs.jpg

It worked out pretty well, I had to cut some of the carpet, Dynamat & foam for better clearance on the 2.5" bolts going through the floor.

A quick drive around 3-4 blocks and I can see my gauges better with better positioning on the accelerator, no more sliding around...

Last edited:
Thanks for the tidbits guys ( especially the detailed installation pics from Larrry)! How are you finding the Procar seats for comfort? Decent lumber support? I’m torn about the seats...Go new or used. I’ve been to the local scrapyard and found some Tiburon seats; they are mighty comfortable.

ian

Auto Transport Service
Back