• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Sport Satellite - upgraded to a 440/727. What's a fair sales price?

69SportSatellite

Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
I'm planning to sell my ’69 Sport Satellite and want to come up with a reasonable price, fair to both buyer and seller. Your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I’ve owned it for about 10 years and had a lot of work done (and spent a lot of $$$) during that time. I acquired it from the original family owners in southern Arizona and it has always been garaged since arriving here in California. It’s a rust-free car, even the trunk light still works.

Originally came with a 318/904 but has been upgraded with a stock 440/727 from a 1967 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron sold new here in California. The 440 runs well and as it should with no exhaust smoke or funny noises/rattles. When the engine swap was done, we used the Schumacher motor mount conversion, installed an Edelbrock Performer intake and a Holley 4160 carb, both new. I also had the electronic ignition conversion done, and added a pair of 1969 correct HP manifolds.

The dual exhaust system from AccurateLTD is correct for a 1969. Bouchillon Performance power steering and kickdown assemblies were installed along with the correct valve covers for 1969.
The transmission was rebuilt along with a new torque convertor and new drive shaft. Radiator was redone and finally, a 489 3.23 sure-grip was added. All installation work was done by professionals. The entire front suspension is new (everything from PST) along with a power front disk brake conversion and a sway bar installed. Bilstein shocks all around along with new Mopar Performance .92 torsion bars. The 15 x 8 Magnum 500s and 235/60/15 tires were added too.

I also have the following from Year One to redo the interior (all in RED): Front and rear upholstery, headliner, carpet, door panels, two new head rests, front seat foam, and upholstery for the buddy seat. Finally, I had a console (black) in good condition and a very nice complete shifter and linkage set-up if the next owner wants to convert to a floor shift. I like my Plymouth and it’s fun to drive but I don’t have the necessary level of skills needed to complete this car to the level I would like for it to be. For the right person, this could be a great car.

Front and Passenger side.jpg

Driver's side.jpg

Passenger side.jpg

Rear exterior.jpg

Hood open.jpg

Trunk floor.jpg

Driver interior.jpg

Passenger Int.jpg

Trunk.jpg

Nice Bones and a nice project for someone to complete. Car done might reach 25 to 30k. The way it sits? 17.5 to 22.5K

Very nice car and I’m glad you kept it a sport satellite. I would guess 22-24 but you can always list it as an auction to see what it really brings.

I have a sport satellite too but I feel like people pay more for the roadrunner or the gtx.

Good luck on the sale

Nice Sport Satellite. I noticed it was a AC car, but by the pictures neither work. Rust free is a big plus IMO. 440 from a C body may not be 375 hp. Today's prices you have 2K in interior items. Pending a personal inspection, I give it a range from 17K to 24K.

I agree low 20's. Nice car, hopefully the next owner doesn't screw with it.

Nice Sport Satellite. I noticed it was a AC car, but by the pictures neither work. Rust free is a big plus IMO. 440 from a C body may not be 375 hp. Today's prices you have 2K in interior items. Pending a personal inspection, I give it a range from 17K to 24K.
Yes, my understanding is that it is the 350HP version, same torque but lower HP. Has 915 heads, just not the HP version.

1969 PLYMOUTH SPORT SATELLITE 318-230hp (8cyl-2V) AT
#4#3#2#1
2dr Cnv16125273003690052900
2dr Htp1475138002250035300
4dr Sdn31755600920014600
4dr Wgn7100127501830030500

Add:
383-270hp (8cyl-2V)20%
383-330hp (8cyl-4V)30%
Air conditioning10%
Power windows3%
Deduct:
3spd manual transmission-10%
Manual steering-5%

Seems to support the 14-22K range.

I think the 440 might be a wash vs having the original engine.
Maybe add a K or 2.

BTW that's the BEST application of a side molding I've ever seen on that body style.
Looks like someone followed the RR stripe idea for placement.

Last edited:
1969 PLYMOUTH SPORT SATELLITE 318-230hp (8cyl-2V) AT
#4#3#2#1
2dr Cnv16125273003690052900
2dr Htp1475138002250035300
4dr Sdn31755600920014600
4dr Wgn7100127501830030500

Add:
383-270hp (8cyl-2V)20%
383-330hp (8cyl-4V)30%
Air conditioning10%
Power windows3%
Deduct:
3spd manual transmission-10%
Manual steering-5%

Seems to support the 14-22K range.

I think the 44 might be a wash vs having the original engine.
Maybe add a K or 2.

BTW that's the BEST application of a side molding I've ever seen on that body style.
Looks like someone followed the RR stripe idea for placement.
Yes, I do like the side molding, it looks good and it came with the car. Thanks

I think there's a typo in the #4 condition.

I bet it's supposed to be 8475.

You say " All installation work was done by professionals "
At this point why not get someone to re do the interior with the new parts you have and then the car will be a very nice car ?

" I like my Plymouth and it’s fun to drive but I don’t have the necessary level of skills needed to complete this car to the level I would like for it to be. For the right person, this could be a great car."

You are so close to being done why not just finish the car to the level you think you want ?
You will know what you have when done

Or is it just time for a change ?

Very nice , it is rare these days to find a car that solid. Questions...... hard to tell by the pics but does the car need painted?
Is the mileage / history known on the 440 ?
Sport Satellite package still in place is worth a little more JMHO. Most have been cloned to RR or Xs
That is a find for the right guy.
I agree with the herd, low 20s as it sits.

Looks like the fender tag is still there - @69SportSatellite - would you be so kind to supply a peak at it for us? (or did I miss it?)

@YY1 - who did you pull your pricing data from? Hagerty or similar? I'd like to see what their "condition" rankings entail. I've got a mostly complete convertible roller (orig 318/904) that included a 440 block and I suppose is probably condition-5 (needs frame rails/floor/drive train/interior/paint) in looking at this. Curious now as to what its actual value might be. (hopefully more than I paid for it! LOL)

Thanks
Mark

Very nice , it is rare these days to find a car that solid. Questions...... hard to tell by the pics but does the car need painted?
Is the mileage / history known on the 440 ?
Sport Satellite package still in place is worth a little more JMHO. Most have been cloned to RR or Xs
That is a find for the right guy.
I agree with the herd, low 20s as it sits.
You say " All installation work was done by professionals "
At this point why not get someone to re do the interior with the new parts you have and then the car will be a very nice car ?

" I like my Plymouth and it’s fun to drive but I don’t have the necessary level of skills needed to complete this car to the level I would like for it to be. For the right person, this could be a great car."

You are so close to being done why not just finish the car to the level you think you want ?
You will know what you have when done

Or is it just time for a change ?
Some of the car has been repainted, but most is original. I drove the Imperial with the 440 in it before it was pulled (they were demo-derby folks) and I believe the odometer had 90K or less if my memory is correct. But, I can't swear to that and the last thing I would want to do is have someone buy it and feel they were mislead or dealt with unfairly. I thought about redoing the interior, but the labor is $1,500 - $2,000 here in California and then I'd want to get the HVAC done, trim etc. I have two other "old cars" and it's just time for someone who has more skills than me to enjoy this car and finish it.

What did the car end up bringing? curious how this played out. Not often we see an uncloned car get sold.

I'm curious, too.

I really like that car.

Auto Transport Service
Back