• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Super Bee Question

I bought a '69 Super Bee new with RamAir and it had engine callouts only on the air scoops. Cars with the standard hood had the callouts on the fenders. There is a restored car in the area that has them in both places. I just figured a non-original RamAir hood was added during or after restoration.
One time, years ago, I was at Chryslers at Carlisle where Galen Govier was hosting a Mopar Trivia Contest at the grandstand. Somehow during this, he made the statement that chrome exhaust tips were standard equipment on SuperBee's. I challenged him on this, as mine came with turndowns. I went on to say that the chrome tips were about a 50/50 occurrence in my area at that time. He tried to tell me that Ontario must have had some weird noise law like California that mandated turndowns. I called BS on that.

Mine's always had turn downs on it, since the day it came home. I've been challenged about it before and lose no sleep over it. Did not have fender scripts and there's no holes in the fenders for them. Car originally had the "bump" hood. As I noted the Ramcharger hood I stole from my buddies Bee had no holes in the scoops and they certainly weren't replacements or aftermarket in '77. All sorts of weird **** came out of Chrysler..

The Super Bee pictured is not a factory A/C car. The factory A/C cars had a different firewall to accommodate the freon lines and heater hoses. Superbees with A/C never got the RamAir package, because the compressor would not clear the required large oval air cleaner. Power brake booster and master cylinder are aftermarket. Cars with RamAir had the engine callout on the hood scoops, never on the front fender. Unbelievably, I have seen cars with the callout on both the scoop and front fender at the same time.
I looked at the pics he posted late last night, which are mysteriously gone now. Was thinking about it afterwards and was thinking the same thing. I had a 69 Charger a while back that was a 383, 4-speed, factory air. After I stupidly sold it, I found out how rare that combo was. That same combo would never had been possible in a Coronet with a Ram Charger because it wouldn't physically fit. So I am thinking the car he posted was a rebody???

My '69 Super Bee doesn't have call outs on the fenders nor the Ramcharger hood scoops.
My former 69 Superbee didn't have them either,but it did say A12 on the fender tag,and had a WM23M9A Vin number!

20180326_162153.jpg

Don't get hung up on numbers-matching. Doesn't have to be trophy-quality to go to local car shows. And, especially, don't worry about getting "picked-apart" by the local Mopar crowd.

Last year Haggerty was pushing me to raise the insured value on my ‘68 Bee to $53k.

Howdy, first question/post for me, so go easy....

I have a 69 Coronet, perhaps a Bee with a VIN of WM21H9G210089. Odd, my fender tag is completely different. Something is up, help me out?

Fender Tag:
R1128 180331 9A181852
815 577 077
blank
blank except for a "c" over to the right
F3 F3 H2T T7
WH41 E24 D31 B27 ..sernum
Bottom

Someone mentioned the "c" could me prep for Canadian Delivery???
It is a two door post car 383 with the rear window latches. It is not a 4 door like the WH41 may indicate.
Thoughts?
THANKS

Howdy, first question/post for me, so go easy....

I have a 69 Coronet, perhaps a Bee with a VIN of WM21H9G210089. Odd, my fender tag is completely different. Something is up, help me out?

Fender Tag:
R1128 180331 9A181852
815 577 077
blank
blank except for a "c" over to the right
F3 F3 H2T T7
WH41 E24 D31 B27 ..sernum
Bottom

Someone mentioned the "c" could me prep for Canadian Delivery???
It is a two door post car 383 with the rear window latches. It is not a 4 door like the WH41 may indicate.
Thoughts?
THANKS
Looks like a 4dr slant six fender tag.
Why someone put that on there is anyone's guess.

Auto Transport Service
Back