• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 super bee trunk gasket?

Beekeeper

It’s a disease without a cure!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to purchase a trunk gasket for the bee?
The style I’m looking for is the one that has the lip that covers the edge of the trunk lip. I picked up one sometime back but it’s not the same as the one that came off the car.
Thanks

https://www.detroitmuscletechnologi...k-weatherstrip-18ft-y-profile-soft-dmt-brand/

Trunk_Weatherstrip__61461.1553131733.jpg

I’m sure Richard has them we talked about em a while back but was looking to order one like now.

A '69 Lynch Road car.. didn't have said lip, they just used a roll of continuous seal and cut to length. I found a nice one and my paint guys thought they'd help and glued it upside down.. then I couldn't find another the same. Richard / 69Bfan is your man I bet to find a good one. Pic of my OE..
beerestoration2015 507.JPG
beerestoration2015 508.JPG

Scott,
I should have a couple of the seals remaining that was reproduced off of my NOS samples. I am picking up another 6000 feet of the seal in approximately three weeks, so it will be back in stock at that point. Running 9000 feet of extrusion so that we can offer the style with the lip and the flat style as found on the E-Body applications.

Most people believe that one style was used from 62 through the late 70s. We have available the 62 year model only style, 63 to 72 style with a lip, 63 to 72 style without a lip, late 72 and up hollow style and the 73 and later "D" style. So not all trunk weatherstripping is the same and year model and body style does make a difference on which is correct for your car.
Richard

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back