• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Tube Chassis Coronet Project

Me likey! Looks pretty mean.

Love the low stance, wish I could get my car lower but my garage apron is steep and I already scrape rolling in and out of the garage.

Attachments

• Furious 3014 003.jpg
    Furious 3014 003.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 388
First let me say sorry for my absence ive been busy had a new baby trying to run a buisness buying a house blah blah. for those of you who are still intersted here is some picsView attachment 234543

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 234553

- - - Updated - - -

i will get more pics of the build up in a day or 2 and more pics of the chassis etc.

WHOA NOW ! ! ! That is a thing of beauty ! ! !

If I may ask . . . what is the total height of the rear tires on your car ? ? I love the way that they are "packed" in there ! ! !

Well actually . . . what are the rim dimensions, and the tire dimensions . . . Wonder if they'll fit under my car . . . HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Well that is looking mighty fine and yes we definitely need more pics. looks like you got the back wheels in just right.

2014-09-02%2023.49.12[1].jpg
Here's a picture for referance. Good project!

No its all out drag car 25.4 sfi chassis should run mid to low 5"s in the eighth when its done. I have it at 5 in in front of rear tire and 4 inches behind front tire now, just to give it a slight rake.

- - - Updated - - -

the rear tires are 31.5 x 14 15 tires they have a little over one inch clearance from the quarter panel for expansion and sidewall deflection

Ok here are some pics of the cage , be easy on me as i have done all of this myself .024.jpg025.jpg026.jpg053.jpg056.jpg057.jpg071.jpg072.jpg112.jpg225.jpg230.jpg230.jpg312.jpg316.jpg317.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

ok so some of the custom stuff- drip rails shaved, door handles were removed and replaced with flush mounts off of 95 cadillac. I removed rear bumper and did away with it and custom made my own fiberglass roll pan i think it cleans up the lines of the car for the sleek loook im going for. What do you guys think? As far as the cage goes its not a kit i just built it the way i liked it based on experience and the sfi book of course lol.318.jpg

Take it off, take it all off . . . dun, dun, dun . . . dun a da dun . . .

Looking good - thanks for the pictures ! ! !

Looks like some one is showing their age?

LOL
Farah and Broadway Joe"

- - - Updated - - -

That FAB work is a piece of ART...

It should be in a Museum!

BE EASY ON ME?

Gee wiz man ( i want to sound sufisticated) IF i could weld like you i would stay up late at night and truly listen to my wife in the AM as she says i left and just got back!!! That is some super sweet work your doing, PERIOD..... Good stuff, show more, show lots more, GIVE tips... :)

That is some beautiful work, love everything! Artwork if you ask me.

Looks like some one is showing their age?

LOL
Farah and Broadway Joe"

Yup . . . Oh well . . . I earned it ! ! ! ( grin )

You understood the reference . . . so . . . ( hint, hint, wink ! )

Now back to the reason at hand - Fantastic fabrication work . . . WOW . . . wish my welds looked that clean and awesome ! ! !

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind words guys ! So i have a question, I dont have a hood yet and want to do some custom work with it when i do custom cowl to windshield with my enderle injection hat molded in into it. So my question is will a hood from a 4 door 68 coronet fit my car or is it to short ? I dont want to buy a new one or a real nice one and cut it up if you know what i mean , I will of course if i have to.
So here are a couple of paint jobs i am playing with nothing set in stone yet . Let me know what ya think or if you have any suggestions !1964586_10205043504143875_845034624_n.jpg10957617_10205043504703889_1300093597_n.jpg

thanks diesel so far everything that has been done has been done by myself .I built the chassis table set my center line and wheelbase lines on the table and went from there . The main rails are 2x3 .130 wall rec. tubing and i bought 24 ft. long sticks of .130 1 5/8" roll cage tubing and couple sticks of 1 1/4 tubing etc. I am using an affordable bender to bend the tube and a miller 211 welder to glue it all together.

Thanks SUPERFREAK i hadnt measured either of them but saw a 4 door on craigslist someone was parting out .

Awesome welding! Looks like a computer did it. Good job, can't wait to see the car when it's done.

Auto Transport Service
Back