• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 B-bodies back in the day

My first GTX in 1977, paid $1500 for it, car was totally stock, right down to the the polyglas tires. Have file of original paper work for it if it ever surfaces. Diane and I are still married, five GTXs later.

70 GTX.jpg

Last edited:
Good times, gentlemen. Thanks for all the work on this thread. Wonderful stuff. :thumbsup:

The pics are great. Everyday Americans who owned and drove these cars like there was no tomorrow!
THAT is SO MUCH a BIG part of my love, LOVE of these cars, of the era!
Before I was born, in his teens, my dad was "into" the New Orleans, more specifically the "Gentilly" area street cruising racing scene. Just like in American Graffiti, and other movies and stories of "the scene" from then, he told me about the places that were on the cruising circuit, burger joints, restaurants, gas stations, etc etc.
He is 22 years older than me, so not that far apart in age.
In the 60s as a child I'd see the Lake Pontchartrain Drive "scene" and participate like kids do. As a teen, it was more of the same, but once I got my 71 Charger R/T, I WAS A BIG PART of the BEST PART of the experience.
Those were some of the BEST times of my life, and that whole scene that lasted for decades was OVER in the 80s never to return.

Auto Transport Service
Back