• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 B-Body Bench Seat Tracks

gtxdana

Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
seat tracks.jpg

I have two sets of seat tracks and I want to make sure I use the correct pair for my 1970 GTX bench seat.
The pair on the right were in the car when I got it and I think they are the correct ones. Black adjuster knob.
They range in height from about 2 3/4" to 4".

The other seat might be C Body? Chrome adjuster knob.
They range in height from about 3" to 5".

The studs are in the same places on each set.

I remember quite awhile back, our member Moparmark stated that on 68-70 B body cars,
The only difference between 2 Dr and 4 Dr bench seat brackets, is the main support bracket measurement in the front is 3/4 of an inch taller on the 4dr brackets vs 2dr ones.
I would use the seat brackets with the black plastic knobs, as I belive the chrome knob units are probably C body.

My knob on my track is black 70 Roadrunner. Original seat. I have measurements if you need them.

My knob on my track is black 70 Roadrunner. Original seat. I have measurements if you need them.
If you had the measurements, that would be great. I'm pretty sure the taller, chrome knob set came off a C-body seat I came up with years ago. The shorter, black knob set were on the bench seat that was in my GTX when I got it. It was the wrong seat, with no fold down armrest, so I wasn't sure if those were the correct tracks for a 70.

Auto Transport Service
Back