• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 b-body Passenger Mirror Option

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
My 1970 Sport Satellite has the holes in the passenger door for a mirror. What type of mirror was there? I know it was manual. Was that an option or was that standard for the Sport Satellite? I need to find one……

Thanks! MF

image.jpg

So did all Roadrunner's, Sport Satellites and GTX’s have a passenger mirror option? If so, how rare were they?

Just be glad you have the holes already there, it's a little nerve-racking drilling holes in nice paint to add a mirror. Don't forget there is a reinforcement plate used to mount the mirror.

Just a guess but probably 12-15% of production got dual mirrors...
....with the Sport mirror being the rarest. My GTX didn't have it coded, but I managed to buy one many years ago, and the new owner had it fitted to the car.
The car was coded for the drivers side sport mirror.

20190115_180804.jpg

Black stripe BTW....photographic reflection at play there.

....with the Sport mirror being the rarest. My GTX didn't have it coded, but I managed to buy one many years ago, and the new owner had it fitted to the car.

View attachment 1552893

Straight Black? Or the reflective Black that lights up when caught in headlights?

The A body uses the same sport mirrors and they are a lot more common....

nice, I have added them to all my cars so far. makes it much easier to back in or out of the garage. need to order one for my convertible.

View attachment 1552893

I want to install those on Ginger.. I want to paint mine though.

Straight Black? Or the reflective Black that lights up when caught in headlights?

The A body uses the same sport mirrors and they are a lot more common....
Reflective black - it was ordered by mistake apparently....after I sold the car it needed some paint repairs...as the result of an incident.

My 69 Bee has a right side mirror. I bought a replacement at Mega Parts when I restored the car.
Door Mirror, Right 1967-74 A-Body, 1967-70 B-Body, Mirror A-Body, 205-OSM869R Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts
This one is used if your left side is a remote. There is a different one if you have a non remote left side.
Left side right side….is that if your sitting in the car? Or standing in front of the car? Is that the cars right side or the drivers right side? Lol Port or starboard…. I’ve always referred to the sides as passenger or driver to make it less confusing.

Left side right side….is that if your sitting in the car? Or standing in front of the car? Is that the cars right side or the drivers right side? Lol Port or starboard…. I’ve always referred to the sides as passenger or driver to make it less confusing.
Always the same with all parts on these cars. Left and right as your are sitting in the drivers seat facing forward.

Just be glad you have the holes already there, it's a little nerve-racking drilling holes in nice paint to add a mirror. Don't forget there is a reinforcement plate used to mount the mirror.
Also note that there is more than just holes for mounting! There is a relief punched into the door as a secondary op from the factory.

My '71 A-body has mirrors on both sides.
All of my other cars are '70 and older and no mirrors on the passenger side of each. I had no clue it was even an option prior to '71.
I'm hoping to install some mirrors in the shop to give me more visibility on the blind sides when backing out. I'm very reluctant on installing mirrors on the cars where they never existed.

I had to replace the mirrors on the Duster because they were starting to get floppy and wouldn't stay adjusted. Cheap junk IMO.
They turned out pretty nice with just a rattle can I felt.

63356503445__84C4E82A-58BF-41E8-9204-CDF7DF9F4157_Original.jpeg

IMG_3939_Original.jpeg

My 1970 Sport Satellite has the holes in the passenger door for a mirror. What type of mirror was there? I know it was manual. Was that an option or was that standard for the Sport Satellite? I need to find one……

Thanks! MF

View attachment 1552878
Did you buy this car in pieces? Have a FSM? Buildsheet?

Did you buy this car in pieces? Have a FSM? Buildsheet?
Exactly.

If the car started out as a patchwork quilt, then build it as you like with whatever mirrors you desire.

If it's a factory correct piece, then you'll need to follow the build sheet/fender tag or sales order information....to do it right.

Auto Transport Service
Back