• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 b-body steering column

moparmaxx

Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
So here is my question. can i build a 70 b- body steering column with 68 a-body parts? obviously i would get b- body parts to do this.( shaft, coller,floor plate, under dash plate) what i need: 70 b -body.floor shift, power steering. what i have: 2- 68 a-body columns (1 column shift P/S, 1 floor shift M/S) any would be appreciated,thanks

Way to many differences. My advice. Find a 70 column and sell off what you have.

You will need the 1-year-only 1970 steering column, but I may have good news. If you can only find an automatic column with a PRNDL, you can modify it to work with a 4-speed. You'd need the top collar (without the PRNDL) and lengthen the main, center shaft (not too difficult)

It wont start if you do...You wont have any place to put the key.

You will need the 1-year-only 1970 steering column, but I may have good news. If you can only find an automatic column with a PRNDL, you can modify it to work with a 4-speed. You'd need the top collar (without the PRNDL) and lengthen the main, center shaft (not too difficult)

I'm curious why the main center shaft would need to be lengthened. Is it because the collar is longer or something else? I plan on converting a 67 auto colum to manual so that's why it interests me.

I'm curious why the main center shaft would need to be lengthened. Is it because the collar is longer or something else? I plan on converting a 67 auto colum to manual so that's why it interests me.
Wait! brain fart.... not needed, my mistake. The main shaft length is different between power steering and manual steering (not auto trans vs. manual trans). You just need the collar without the PRNDL for a manual transmission and Tony's parts has them.

Auto Transport Service
Back