• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Bee - 20 yrs since disassembly, now restore!

19bee70

Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
Yep, it's true. I bought my bee 22 yrs ago and it needed restoring back then. I took it apart and of course, life events put a big hold on everything until now. Being retired, helps alot!! In the last year and half I did new front floors, trunk with extensions, both rear quarter skins and the rear window bottom lip. I am so glad the bulk of metal work is over. Now the car also has the entire underneath in epoxy black primer. No rotisserie makes it difficult to get decent color on the bottom so I had to leave it in black. I have collected parts ( new and used) over the years and now I'm needing an odd part. My hood latch mechanism has a broken tension spring. I don't need to replace the entire assembly, just get a new spring. Has anyone seen or have a source for this one off spring???

70 superbee hood latch parts magnified.jpg

Welcome from the left coast. Isn't it fun trying to figure out what went where after being apart for years? Same boat here but thats ok.

Probably not a minivan but a full sized tuck or van.

Probably also F/M/J body. I still see 5th Ave's in u pull yards around here occasionally.

I see your Bee is blue. Was it originally blue?

I sold my 70 Bee in central FL about 26 years ago, and I;ve been looking for it for about 20 years.

Mine was banana yellow.

Probably not a minivan but a full sized tuck or van.

Probably also F/M/J body. I still see 5th Ave's in u pull yards around here occasionally.

I see your Bee is blue. Was it originally blue?

I sold my 70 Bee in central FL about 26 years ago, and I;ve been looking for it for about 20 years.

Mine was banana yellow.
No, I'm afraid not...I bought mine out of a suburb of Atlanta. I is actually FC7 so it's getting a makeover! I'm gonna have to check my local Pull and Pay. Most our yards around here don't have much in the 90s and older.

77413.jpeg

Thanks for the red X.
Sorry CK...total accident. I was looking for the REPLY! But yeh.....everything still in the garage or shed. Piece by piece has to be replaced or reconditioned but I'm not trying to build a trailer queen. I want to drive it!!

Full size. That spring is used on pickups also. Very common spring on Chrysler products. Let me know if you can’t find one. I can find one for you if you can’t.
I do appreciate the option! Thanks. I'll try to look myself and see what I can find. I don't know the overall length. It broke in pieces!

I do appreciate the option! Thanks. I'll try to look myself and see what I can find. I don't know the overall length. It broke in pieces!
They’re all the same length. The hooked end may be turned a 1/4 turn different but it doesn’t matter, it will work.

You know LKQ has a visual inventory search online.

The first time I used it about 8 years ago, I found a 73 Charger. 90% gutted but I got the buddy seat mounts out of it for $5.

You know LKQ has a visual inventory search online.

The first time I used it about 8 years ago, I found a 73 Charger. 90% gutted but I got the buddy seat mounts out of it for $5.
If I remember correctly, LKQ is out on East 50 toward Bithlo? If that's the one...I know where it is. Im gonna check online and see what they have! Thanks YY1.

If I remember correctly, LKQ is out on East 50 toward Bithlo? If that's the one...I know where it is. Im gonna check online and see what they have! Thanks YY1.

Oh, you're on the other side of "central FL".

That particular LKQ hasn't been very good to me.

The ones in the Tampa area seem to be larger, have more turnover, and get older cars more frequently.

LKQ 190 in Largo is a good mix of keep time and good finds.
The one in Tampa proper is larger but turns over more quickly.
There's a smaller one in Clearwater that sometimes gets some gems, but they are few and far between.

Are you familiar with American Auto Salvage in De Barry?

Oh, you're on the other side of "central FL".

That particular LKQ hasn't been very good to me.

The ones in the Tampa area seem to be larger, have more turnover, and get older cars more frequently.

LKQ 190 in Largo is a good mix of keep time and good finds.
The one in Tampa proper is larger but turns over more quickly.
There's a smaller one in Clearwater that sometimes gets some gems, but they are few and far between.

Are you familiar with American Auto Salvage in De Barry?
Actually, I'll be in Largo this week so I need to look there first, I suppose. I haven't shopped in Debary!

American keeps their classics separate from "general population", and they will sell a whole car if they have the title.

MUCH different than all the other yards I go to.

They also sell ANY metal item that they think will bring more than wholesale scrap price.

Auto Transport Service
Back