• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger 500

$12,500 is a great price, so I wouldn't snooze on that one. It looks like a clean,solid, non rustbelt Charger. That money doesn't buy much second generation Charger these days. That is a great score.

first Cali then AZ 2nd owner, he bought it for $1800 IN 83 we found the BUILD SHEET AND RECEIPT when he bought it in 83 in the glove box last night. he didnt know he had all that stuff.
i have a strange feeling he isnt going to sell it.
I hope that's your driveway it's park in, if not, buy it. Arizona car?

That's a steal!

Yes he said it was an Orig 2 barrel car, he has the orig intake still.
i never drove a 70 charger until yesterday.
honestly i love the body style i couldn't believe what i was standing in front of and driving yesterday he let me drive it around town.
the trans was rebuilt and the Engine had a little stall converter which made it shift alittle late. Solid car ran and drove amazing for its age.
the AC still has a charge also just alittle low on froen.
XP29N would be a 383-4 in 70

IIRC XP29L would be 383-2

first Cali then AZ 2nd owner, he bought it for $1800 IN 83 we found the BUILD SHEET AND RECEIPT when he bought it in 83 in the glove box last night. he didnt know he had all that stuff.

Show up with the cash...a stack of 250 $50 bills will help him decide.

You need to show up with the money if you want to close the deal, otherwise he will change his mind. When you show him the cash it will be done. Make it happen. Don't wait to long, the longer you wait, the more time he has to change his mind!

What is up with the wood brace?

View attachment 610489
When the battery terminals are disconnected for storage and then you want to attach them to start the car, you push on the terminals and smack/push them down with the wood block/board then tighten the nuts. Man I thought everybody knew that.:lol:
Opps, edited foe spealling corwrecktion.

Last edited:
It looks like he wedged the wood inside the channel of the upper radiator support to attach the radiator overflow bottle to. Not a big deal to correct. It is better than him having drilled holes in the radiator support for it.

No holes drilled. Works great.

20180518_200117.jpg

When the battery thermals are disconnected for storage and then you want to attach them to start the car, you push on the terminals and smack/push them down with the wood block/board then tighten the nuts. Man I thought everybody knew that.:lol:

:rofl:

View attachment 610484
Yeah this guy has the car since 83 give him a day.
I was in the 36 one day at the gas station and he started taking to me about the 36.
I said it was a temporary fix until i find a 70 RR. He said how about a 70 charger?
So 1 month later i looked at it. he said he was offered 9k but would like 13k thats when i said 12k
so we came to agree on $12500 but he must speak to his son first he said becuase he son wanted it but hasnt shown interest latley
So this was yyesterday im waiting for an anwesr. by the way i have a dep on the 36.

When he said 13k, I would have agreed and given him a deposit right then and there. The $500 difference just gave him an out to "check with his son". Like the others have said, get over there with the cash ASAP !!!!!

XP29N would be a 383-4 in 70

IIRC XP29L would be 383-2
I was thinking that the H was a 383. I was guessing...sorry for the mistake.

Offer him one hundred dollars bills, I hope you get.

Oh well I knew he wasn’t going to sell it he said his son wants to keep it hanging around for now is what he said.
The search continues

Last edited:
Oh well I knew he wasn’t going to sell it he said his son wants to keep hanging around for now is what he said.
The search continues
That's too bad, good luck in your quest

good news for the kid thou :carrot:

Auto Transport Service
Back