• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger Mock up

Donakey

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
Looking to hear how much of the car others have mocked up before paint. I’m thinking will put the glass in the car, door handels, dash, grill, weather stripping, head light assembly, rear bumper, weather stripping. I took it right down.

I replaced the drip rails as well.

Then I thought why don’t I make a running driving car in bare metal then take it apart and put it back together if I go to that extent.

F3B722ED-BA18-4A82-BB69-C7C465B9021C.jpeg

I mock up all the body panels and trim......reproduction glass should be test fit

whatever you don't mock up will bite you in the *** after paint

All the glass in, no trim, no bumpers, no lights, so its a much easier cut & polish, my 5 cents

All the glass in, no trim, no bumpers, no lights, so its a much easier cut & polish, my 5 cents
Didn't pull the glass out of mine but it might just get sprayed with satin clear.....if even that lol

Lots of good help here. Fred has been great to explain some stuff I didn’t understand and I’m almost there

Auto Transport Service
Back