• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger seat foam..

ChargerST

Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
Apparently there is no correct seat foam for the buckets seats in a 1970 Charger. The seat foams offered for a 70 Charger are either E-body or something generic..

Legendary sells a set (bottom and back foam) where the bottom foam is just wrong but the back foam looks correct:

2d48c12f101041acbbd87476b7f8bd38.jpg

Here's a comparison between an original 70 Charger foam and the supposedly correct replacement:

1be32b00-86c7-4c66-bf03-2148eb86446f-jpeg.jpg

Then I found the foam for 1970 A-Bodies which look correct for a 70 Charger as well but only at first glance:

3840-70_500x.jpg

If you look closely the cuts in the foam seem to be wider for an A-body...

So the big question is: are there any new offerings for bottom seat foams that can be used in a 70 Charger?

What about cutting new foams out of a block of high density foam? Or is there anything (such as wires) molded into the foam?

did you contact Legendary ?

Nuts, now I gotta go look at mine.

If the new foam were trimmed on the sides, it would be pretty close to the original. The centers are about the same width. Unless the covers are made larger to allow for the extra foam.

Auto Transport Service
Back