• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 dodge charger rt 440 rear leaf springs

1970rt440

Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
I ordered the following leaf springs from JEGS :

312-P3690454​

312-P3690455

I used new shackles in the rear and using the stock hangers in the front of the spring. After installing the new leaf and new stock height rear shackles, the wheel hub has shifted towards the front of the car and the rear shackles are not sitting vertical what so ever.

I decided to start the driver side before reaching out here and the carriage to the new leaf spring pin is off about an inch from lining up. I finally caved in and am asking for help.

Thank you

I'd compare the pin location from the front of the spring mount between old and new springs. My new springs had more arc, but the pin location was the same. 440'

Without pulling up any spec's.... I think R/T Boy 67 may be correct. If those springs are "SS" or "super stock" type leaf springs, they require special front hangers that are longer (& usually have two sets of holes)

I believe those springs have a 20" front segment, and require a longer front hanger.

Without pulling up any spec's.... I think R/T Boy 67 may be correct. If those springs are "SS" or "super stock" type leaf springs, they require special front hangers that are longer (& usually have two sets of holes)
Yes.
A situation where a closer look at the specifications would be prudent.
I think they are also a 35" rear segment (e body) rather than 36.

Mancini, as well as others have the hangers you need. According to what I have read, they have a 36" rear segment. An easy fix.

Auto Transport Service
Back