• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1970 Dodge Super Bee 383 Magnum 4 Speed Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopars4life

Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a 1970 Dodge Super Bee for sale. It is a factory Plum Crazy Purple Car (FC7 code) and is a factory hurst shifted 4 speed car. It is in very nice shape. I have all the documentation for it including the fender tag, build sheet and the decoding of the car by Galen Govier. It has 3 speed wipers, wheel well moldings, originally had magnum 500's on it and is a hardtop (roll down rear windows). It retains much of its originality but does have a few modifications by previous owners. I can send seriously interested parties a fender tag breakdown.
As far as I was able to tell, all body panels are original to the car except the front valance. It had one repaint I believe and the previous owner had some touch up work done to take care of some imperfections. The only metal that was replaced on the car was patches in the lower quarters. It retains its original floors trunk floor and frame rails. The car is not show quality but is very nice and with a little more work could get there. The engine and trans have been rebuilt and appear to have low miles on them since the rebuild (very clean inside). The rear is the stock 8 ¾ with 3.23's (open). The 383 has 906 heads on it. Please no tire kickers, dreamers or low ballers. Thanks.

It has had many parts replaced by both myself and prior owners -- list below:
-Prior Owners:
-Radiator and hoses (hoses are Mopar OEM)
-Heater Core and Hoses (Hoses are Mopar OEM)
-Intake (Mopar Performance) and Edlebrock 1407 carb
-Water Pump and Housing (Mopar Performance)
-Date coded alternator
-Keystone Classic Wheels and Tires (offset 15's with new BF Goodrich Radial TA's)
-Leaf Springs and bushings and hanger's and u bolts
-Gas Tank
-Seat covers
-Carpet
-Trunk mat
-Hooker competition headers (chrome) with new exhaust (Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers)
-Hurst 4 speed shifter handle and grips and shifter bushings
-Engine wiring harness
-Rear Axle Seals
-Led lights in the dash
-Remanufactured distributor, spark plug wires and plugs
-New fan and spacer
-Front Brakes replaced (shoes and wheel cylinders)
-Glove Box liner
-Windshield washer reservoir
-Steering column bearing

Part's I've replaced:
-Brake hardware on the front brakes
-Packed front wheel bearings and new grease seals
-Rear wheel cylinders and new Stainless Steel brake lines on the rear axle
-New thermostat and flushed coolant
-Installed electric choke on Edelbrock Carburetor
-New windshield washer pump
-New distributor condenser
-Recent oil & filter change and front end lube
-New fuel tank grounding strap and new rubber fuel lines at tank and around the filter. New fuel filter.

Things it needs looked at that I didn't get to:
-Wipers and washer aren't working -- wipers you can hear engage but the linkage may be binding or need a bushing.
- I believe the rear axle bearings may be starting to whine and may need to be looked at
-Speedo gear would need to be changed for the tire size -- it isn't reading accurate now
-Rear windows need some work to go up and down well
-Needs steering column cover under dash and vent cables need work under dash
-Temperature gauge in the dash or sending unit is inaccurate -- reads hotter than the car is running; I've verified this with a laser temp gauge.
-Carb and timing could possibly be dialed in more
-Valve covers leaking in the back corners

I am in northern VA - link to CL ad with more info is below. Asking $33k. Thanks.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5557919011.html

100_0859 1.jpg 14.JPG

One more price drop (I don't want to go to ebay unless I have to). $28k. Thanks!

Can you send me some pics of the interior?

Would like to see some pictures of the interior, bench or buckets , original radio and some picture's of the engine under hois thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back