• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 GTX VCODE YARD FIND

Exactly! Car parts have meaning! I've spent a ridiculous amount on mine and love every bit of it! Although, "let's go out for dinner and drinks" left my vocabulary years ago!

View attachment 1289635 View attachment 1289636 View attachment 1289637

QUESTION regarding your comment: "let's go out for dinner and drinks left my vocabulary years ago!"..... WHY? IMO....There is So MUCH MORE to life than cars. Cars, like boats, which some identify as a floating hole in the water that you pour money into, similiary, cars are a rolling hole in the road that you pour money into......Perhaps, spending quality time with your wife or significant other, kids, travelling, collecting, wine tasting, golfing, swimming, etc, may bring better returns, including investing. Personally, I'd rather have liquid assets rather than all the money tied up in the vehicles exhibited. They're nice to look at and show off.....but not very liquid if one needed a cash infusion, due to a major life interruption....after all they are worth only what someone is willing to pay.... just my opinion of course...
BOB RENTON

This is going in the wrong direction. Life is good just enjoy what it is that makes you happy. Family first

Last edited:
The AMX is in my storage trailer wrapped up in a tarp. The 390 is at my friends house. He put new bearings and regasketed it and painted it all up for me. The T10 4 speed is at another friends house for a rebuild. It may be tough to get pictures of it. I would say it is 95 percent solid. I stole it off my local Craigslist for $700.00 about six years ago. I couldn't pay the guy fast enough and get it on my trailer!

QUESTION regarding your comment: "let's go out for dinner and drinks left my vocabulary years ago!"..... WHY? IMO....There is So MUCH MORE to life than cars. Cars, like boats, which some identify as a floating hole in the water that you pour money into, similiary, cars are a rolling hole in the road that you pour money into......Perhaps, spending quality time with your wife or significant other, kids, travelling, collecting, wine tasting, golfing, swimming, etc, may bring better returns, including investing. Personally, I'd rather have liquid assets rather than all the money tied up in the vehicles exhibited. They're nice to look at and show off.....but not very liquid if one needed a cash infusion, due to a major life interruption....after all they are worth only what someone is willing to pay.... just my opinion of course...
BOB RENTON
Because spending quality time with someone doesn't cost anything. It was half joke half reality. I cook for her quite often. Now, back to the GTX...

Nice find, that's going to be alot of work!
I also have a 70 v code. Bought it from a friend back in 1979, the year I graduated from high school.

IMG_2365.JPG GTX (13).jpg

I'll add this, and just to be sure......I know what my grand total was for the 67 Coronet convertible I just finished, and I did 95% of the work....and it took me 2 years working on it just about every day...it was still very costly. Doing these cars up properly in this era is easily 20x more expensive than it was 20 years ago. Even if you have the parts and cores. A dream car should not come at the expense of your family or your sanity. My car had tons of issues and body work to get through.....and after that.....paint and interior....then the top. The drive train was probably the easiest part. If you're a hands on fellow....and are good with bodywork and sheet metal.....these cars are very doable. Learn and work at your own pace.....and that V code will be back up in no time.

I also have a 70 v code. Bought it from a friend back in 1979, the year I graduated from high school.

What a great looking 70 GTX V code car! Love the color combination. My friends B7 70 GTX V code car looks great with the white interior and side stripes too. They are great looking cars.

View attachment 1289848 View attachment 1289849

View attachment 1289848 View attachment 1289849
Very very nice, I have a question about your gas pedal, mine is the same as yours I was informed it was incorrect on the GTX? Is yours original or changed at a later time? Thanks

Very very nice, I have a question about your gas pedal, mine is the same as yours I was informed it was incorrect on the GTX? Is yours original or changed at a later time? Thanks
As far as i can remember that's the only gas pedal I've ever had, it also hat the stainless dress up rings on the brake and clutch originally which i replaced over the winter with repops.

As far as i can remember that's the only gas pedal I've ever had, it also hat the stainless dress up rings on the brake and clutch originally which i replaced over the winter with repops.
I was informed by Rogers on the 1970 GTX REGISTRY that the gas pedal only has a border around the gas pedal no line of stainless in the center line. But I didn’t have any other to compare until I looked at yours. Thank you

I was informed by Rogers on the 1970 GTX REGISTRY that the gas pedal only has a border around the gas pedal no line of stainless in the center line. But I didn’t have any other to compare until I looked at yours. Thank you
Might also be dependent on the plant where the car was built, I've had allot of people look at my car over 40 something years and first time for that one, odd though that you have the same one.

Pic taken today, did you have the pedal dress up option like this?
That might be the difference in the gas pedal.
I wore through the rubber and destroyed the trim rings a long time ago, just replaced them to how it was when I got the car.

20220527_095031.jpg

Pic taken today, did you have the pedal dress up option like this?
That might be the difference in the gas pedal.
I wore through the rubber and destroyed the trim rings a long time ago, just replaced them to how it was when I got the car.

View attachment 1290329
Yes same 100%

General question on air grabber hood. What options did it take to get the hood when new? Did car have to be 440/6 or could other engine combos get that hood when new? I ask because when I worked at L.A plant building 1970 cars I saw a lot of those hoods on the line.

Auto Transport Service
Back