• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 GTX VCODE YARD FIND

General question on air grabber hood. What options did it take to get the hood when new? Did car have to be 440/6 or could other engine combos get that hood when new? I ask because when I worked at L.A plant building 1970 cars I saw a lot of those hoods on the line.

It was an option on any engine in the road runner or GTX. Not with AC I think tho.

I have a 70 super track pack RR that wasn't optioned with the air grabber, I believe air grabber only came standard with a Hemi. Not 100% sure though!

Last edited:
General question on air grabber hood. What options did it take to get the hood when new? Did car have to be 440/6 or could other engine combos get that hood when new? I ask because when I worked at L.A plant building 1970 cars I saw a lot of those hoods on the line.

My understanding is that every hemi got the air grabber.... it was an option on 6 bbl and 440

I'm thinking the dress up kit included the gas pedal with the center trim.......
I am not an expert or historian.....by any means.... just got me wondering.......
Does anyone really know?

Wow! Ignore the buzz kills in here going on about costs, bottom line, who cares!? Take your time, move as fast as you can afford and get it done. I kick myself daily for selling my 70 RR 6 bbl 4 apd, super track pack with air grabber, bench seat, black, with black interior, flat blackout on hood, and gold dust trail down the side and across the trunk, super track pack car, pdb manual steering. I sold it to someone that is a member on this board in 82 or so. I wish I would have hung onto it. I look at it as at least I got to own it and enjoyed the hell out of it. It had 44k original miles and I bought it off the 2cd owner for 350 bucks. One of about 5 V code cars I owned, but by far my favorite even over my V 70 cuda shaker car.
Please start a build thread and keep updating it, I'd love to watch this come back to life.
What's the story on the 71 RR or GTX?

Friends car original owner real deal total frame off 10 years ago amazing car 440 GTX

I am thinking that us V code owners need to have a way to identify each other at the Mopar shows! I am going to start a trend with the Mr Spock Vulcan hand gesture! Lol

20220530_171219.jpg

So did you get the car and parts home and assess what you have and what you will need to get the project started?

Tomorrow getting parts out of garage,
Then Thursday picking up car. Tires are holding air going to bring it to PA.

Cool, then you can assess what you have and what you need to buy!

OMG if you see what came with it!

So I’ve checked the numbers on body so far so good, now next couple of weeks check engine codes for vin.
Better and better

C2D6CF01-8EA5-4606-ADE0-B4AFDF70EB2F.jpeg

A4A01C63-E18A-43B5-ADF7-E6B08BCA9408.jpeg

5195ED61-B9E1-4608-BE45-54EC40D0AB47.jpeg

54734F41-F623-479D-8F4A-EF5A3A7FCCE1.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back