• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 GTX

Mike Spano

Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
20171208_115253.jpg
FB_IMG_1512761812492.jpg
FB_IMG_1512761831296.jpg
FB_IMG_1512761733172.jpg
20171208_115253.jpg
Owner of a numbers matching 1970 GTX-440 air-grabber, rally red over white interior, black stripping, Added period correct 6-pac with edelbrock aluminum high-rise and three 2 barrel holly carbs. Motor rebuilt with new ungraded cam and supporting parts. Transmission is original but converted to reverse lock-out manual shift automatic with upgraded torque converter. Interior transmission shifter and console all original. Some body cosmetic mods have been added by myself. FB_IMG_1512761812492.jpg FB_IMG_1512761831296.jpg FB_IMG_1512761733172.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from West Virginia. Right of passage is you have to post some pictures of that X!

Welcome! Post some pics of that car pronto!
:thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm not good at leaving things be. I have to make everything my creation no matter what the cost. However this winged-car has a tremendous following locally and has won 1st place trophies from Ocean City to Maine. So you gotta love her.

:thumbsup: thanks for signing up love the model year 1970 enjoy the site :thumbsup:

I've thought about adding the Superbird wing, but I have way too much other stuff on "the list"...
Also my "format" is more boulevard bruiser and quarter mile sprinter, and to me, the wing would detract from that.
I like it though, and hope you keep it.
Nice car, 6bbl is awesome when properly tuned.
This tuning tip was an EPIPHANY for me to get all 3 carbs tuned:
Screenshot_20180625-220554_Chrome.jpg

Welcome from Alabama. The Superbird wing is great. Is it real?

Welcome Mike,,just north of Boston

I've thought about adding the Superbird wing, but I have way too much other stuff on "the list"...
Also my "format" is more boulevard bruiser and quarter mile sprinter, and to me, the wing would detract from that.
I like it though, and hope you keep it.
Nice car, 6bbl is awesome when properly tuned.
This tuning tip was an EPIPHANY for me to get all 3 carbs tuned:
View attachment 879001
Thanks good info to have. Right now the 6-pac runs awesome though.

Welcome from Alabama. The Superbird wing is great. Is it real?
Yes authentic cast aluminum with all required mounting hardware properly mounted underneath in the trunk. Hard to find though, took me about 4 years of continual search. Now they are going for 5k if you can find one in good shape and complete.

Welcome aboard. 70 RR/Satellite/GTX is the best mopar !!! Yes, I'm biased !!! :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back