• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird Convertible- (ebay for sale, not mine)

NJRR

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
If it wasn't FM3, I would jump on it in a heartbeat!!!!!! (color code corrected by Chargerjase. Thanks).

1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird Convertible
1970 Plymouth Superbird Road Runner Convertible, 440 six pac, Panther Pink, Nice

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymo...ash=item4b4fe7f80f:g:vbYAAOSwAI9bp~pa&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
That's a good looking replica. :thumbsup:
I emailed the seller. Fiberglass nose and wing, but looks very well done. Also, a real FK5 RR convertible, so the price is not totally ridiculous. If it was FC7, I would have hit the Buy-it-now button.

Yikes!
Why do this to a vert? Couldn't they find a hardtop?
Going to take time & $$ to undo everything.

Its actually FM3 by the way. FK5 is burnt orange metallic which is a very cool color.

I stand corrected. The fender tag in the listing said FK5. I remembered the code for Panther Pink started with F. I assumed.....

Just wrong. They never look right without the roof line which was part of the pedigree of these cars anyway.

Just wrong. They never look right without the roof line which was part of the pedigree of these cars anyway.

Personal preference I guess. I like the look of the "Birdible". I just think in the pink it is too garish. Moparstuart's in Lime Green with the white top and white interior is a beautiful car that I would drive all day long !!!!

@moparstuart

there's a reason they were never offered as a convertible. I think sales would have been next to none. it wouldn't be too bad in black, but not for me.

Car didn't meet reserve. Bidding got up to a hair under $50k. Guess that pink isn't everyone's cuppa tea !!!

Auto Transport Service
Back