• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite from Junk to......

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in….. more painting. I do love to paint. Had some fish eye’s that I narrowed down to hardener that aged out. Shelf life is critical in chemistry.
First coat over dark gray epoxy. It’s gonna need at least 3 more.

IMG_1317.jpeg

Delish….

IMG_1329.jpeg

IMG_1353.jpeg

Last edited:
Gosh I don’t even wanna look…

IMG_1354.jpeg

Since I blacked out (flat black) the front end, I am planning to spay the hood release black. Should I continue to use flat or go satin or gloss?

Sand blasted to raw then primed..

IMG_1396.jpeg

IMG_1397.jpeg

Glad to see you are making such great progress Ron. Mine is slow but steady since I retired.
Thanks Jim! Yeah I hear ya. It’s slow for me as well as there is a lot of researching to do.
Then there are all the other things in life we have to do.
I am currently trying to understand how to get my door window glass installed.

The help on this forum has been great and very much appreciated! Starting on the windows. The lower support seems to break the crap weld the factory used. Well I know they were never designed to last 55 years but consistent failures of two point welds tells me their process wasn’t right. Anyways the support bracket is now firmly welded in.

IMG_1414.jpeg

IMG_1439.jpeg

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1441.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

Just another Saturday night…..

IMG_1442.jpeg

Working window channel slider issues (more on that later) while doing other stuff. One such task is front end grill alignment . I now have it assembled and it shows significant need of adjustment and tweaking. 50 year old plastic parts along with a minor front fender bender will take some time to make this look a lot better. Also missing quite a bit of chrome that will fill many of the voids seen.

Meantime the window and engine preparation are on the priority list!

Onward…..

IMG_1491.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_1492.jpeg

Hot wheels (and wheel wells)….

IMG_1543.jpeg

Getting close. Interior change over to white, and tiny bits. Exterior chrome. Then onto getting the motor running…..

IMG_1576.jpeg

IMG_1575.jpeg

IMG_1579.jpeg

Last edited:
Lots of updates to come. Here is rear interior trunk compartment plate for a lack of a better description. I traced this from the original that was disintegrating. I used 1/4 fiber board instead of cardboard. I might paint it to seal it.

IMG_1747.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back