• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Roadrunner Aftermarket Dash Pad Quality

tnfastback

Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used a 1970 Roadrunner aftermarket dash pad?? I was wondering about the quality and fit. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I went with one of the cheap, old-school "dash caps" and it looks pretty good to me. In my opinion, you do need to take the dash pad out to get it glued on correctly. I've also seen "soft" & "hard" backed complete reproduction dash pads and the "hard" ones seem to be preferred from what I've read.

I went with a $200 one on ebay, the corner studs were molded in crooked, you can see a little dimple where it pulls straight. its soft but has a metal insert. I don't know about the $500 Legendary ones, I would hope they would be better but If I did it over again I would have a factory one restored.

I went with a $200 one on ebay, the corner studs were molded in crooked, you can see a little dimple where it pulls straight. its soft but has a metal insert. I don't know about the $500 Legendary ones, I would hope they would be better but If I did it over again I would have a factory one restored.

I just used one of the cheap dash caps on my 69' Coronet R/T. No one ever really noticed or ever commented that it looked bad or good. I liked it, fit was great. And yes, the Camaro bucket seat that it came with eventually got replaced.

Picture 005.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back