• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1970 Roadrunner for sale in NJ $15K

Status
Not open for further replies.

68gtxman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
$15K takes it all. 383 and 4 speed transmission. New quarters (uninstalled), trunk floor and extensions (uninstalled), plus grill, taillights and bench seat, pistol grip shifter too. It has a clean/clear title in my name. I traded for it about 15 years ago. I started it up with a hot wire back then because turning the key didn’t do anything. I drove it onto the trailer to bring it home and I rolled it into my concrete floored barn, where it sat ever since. I never checked the engine (which did run back then) or tried to figure if the starter solenoid was the issue with the key. I would plan on taking the whole thing apart and rebuild it from the ground up. Brakes worked back then too, but never used since then. This is not a turnkey, drive it home car. It is also a manual steering, manual brake car.
IMG_4321.jpeg
IMG_4320.jpeg
IMG_4318.png
IMG_4319.jpeg
IMG_4415.jpeg
IMG_4399.jpeg
IMG_4404.jpeg
IMG_4421.jpeg

IMG_4408.jpeg

Have you got the fender tag or broadcast sheet?
Can you check engine block for matching numbers, it is an important thing.

Have you got the fender tag or broadcast sheet?
Can you check engine block for matching numbers, it is an important thing.
As I recall, the engine is not matching numbers. I also don’t recall seeing a fender tag. The rear seat is still in place though, so it may have a broadcast sheet. If anyone is serious, I will dig the car out and check for more things like this and take some more photos.

IMG_4534.jpeg
IMG_4489.jpeg
IMG_4516.jpeg
IMG_4533.jpeg
IMG_4532.jpeg
IMG_4531.jpeg
IMG_4530.jpeg
IMG_4529.jpeg
IMG_4528.jpeg
IMG_4527.jpeg

Found fender tag was still in place, but build sheet is mostly gone. Frame rails and torsion bar anchor are in great shape. The previous owner glued in replacement two piece trunk floor (not a good job), but I bought brand new pieces that go with the car. New quarters and trunk floor extensions (if I can find them) will go with it too.

Your fender tag looks very interesting. Specifically the scheduled production date runs into the order number. Usually there is a space after the 3 number scheduled production date number. Which in your case is 823. August 23 is fairly early build at the Lynch rd plant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back