• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 RR FM3.

I've been talking with the owner for a couple of weeks. I'm pretty excited! My 'Cuda needs a garage-mate.
Welcome to FBBO....please make some time once you have secured the car, to join us in the Welcome Wagon - of course more pics of this beautiful car will be required.
Thanks.:thumbsup:

drool5.gif
more pictures.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I've been looking for a good '70 RR for about a year now to go with my orange AAR. This one caught my eye because of the color and the excessive documentation. I really like all the high impact colors.

Yeah, I wish it was a 4 speed... Yeah bucket seats are cool... but you can't be picky with a pink one, can you?

I've spoken with the seller at length about this car. Really cool guy. From what he's told me, the guy he bought it from owned it since 1985, who bought it from his nephew (not sure how long he owned it before). The vinyl top has apparently been on the car as long as the family has owned it (pre 1985). The previous owner couldn't stand the pink and went with a GM red. Rattle canned the engine compartment because he didn't want to pull the motor. The original pink shows up in a few places where the spray paint has flaked, in the trunk, some original overspray on the bottom, etc. Really cool!

The car comes with 4 broadcast sheets... 4!? I didn't know they came with so many? My AAR only has 2. Original window sticker, warranty transfer info from the second owner in 1972 with a sales receipt, and a bunch of other stuff I haven't gotten through yet.

She's sitting on 15" Crager rims, but comes with the original 14" rally rims and original spare. All matching numbers 383 with matching column shift auto. Rear end is original as well. Not sure if it's a Sure Grip or not (really hope it is!) Pretty basic as far as options go. The real draw for me is the color and documentation.

Enough words, bring on the pictures, right? (is anyone still reading this? hehe). Here's a bunch of pics the seller has sent me to date.

IMG_0242.JPG image1.JPG image2.JPG image4.JPG image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image6.JPG

Welcome from NC, and I really hope you have plans to bring back the pink! Nice score!

Definitely taking it back original. I may add a few other options to suit me, like a tic tock, hood stripe, dust trail and black tail (vs white)... but honestly, I think I'm just going to drive it for a year or 2 and get to know her a little.

Plus, I'm in the middle of a '68 442 frame off at the moment and don't have the garage space to blow 2 up at once!

Here's what it might have looked like at one time....lol. I wasn't aware that the Pink was a factory color for the '70 RR, that's a rare find indeed...

IMG_1531.JPG

1 of 44 post coupes from what I've found. If I decoded it right, it didn't come with the hood stripe or a vinyl top, just the white transverse stripe. It's a really cool color for sure. I'm still torn whether it pops better with white, or black...

Just got all the documentation. All 4 broadcast sheets are from this car! The car should be here sometime next week. I'll post more pics then.

In the meantime, just curious what you other MOPAR nuts feel about restoring the car with a few additional options? Nothing out of place, but things like adding a J81 wing or J45 hood pins... real options that were not on the car, but could have been (and SHOULD have, maybe!). When I get to paint, I don't see how I can NOT have the hood stripes in black... decals don't worry be so much because you can always remove them, but the pins and wing do need holes....

Anyway, thoughts? The car is really well documented... but a few little additions would make it ever so much better!

That trunk looks like my 70 when I got it...stuffed with parts. Why respray over the pink and then do that thing with the vinyl top? Unbelievable. Looks like your lower rear quarters will have to be cutout eventually but overall very nice! I think since this car has already been cosmetically modified it is no problem to add a go wing and hood pins. Those are factory options at least. Mine has both and they make the car better imho. That trunk overspray and engine bay is really hinting that this car wants to go back to panther pink.

She's going back pink for sure... but at the moment, I'm balls-deep in a 442 frame off, and I don't want to cross the streams!

on one hand,its a rare-ish 70 roadrunner in pink.
on the other,its a 383 column shift auto car...

so its a tough call...
i wouldnt modify any of the original parts,
such as trunk lid,get another one with a wing.
this car has so much documentation,
that its better off close to stock than not.
its your car tho sooooo?

the interior,i used to go to shows back in the 90s,
and i can tell you that when i looked at a row of cars,
the White interior ones Always stood out.

question,4 sheets...thats....odd,isnt it??
do any of them show a handwritten note/Show car?
i just dont see 4 sheets worth of options here?

The sheets should all be the same, just carbon copies.
Check your trunk lid to see if you have the cut outs for the wing underneath.

question,4 sheets...thats....odd,isnt it??
do any of them show a handwritten note/Show car?
i just dont see 4 sheets worth of options here?
I think the owner means 4 x copies....which in itself is unusual. Although a friend of mine has 5 x copies with his '70 Chrysler 300C.

That's correct. 4 copies. 2 have seat spring stains. The other 2 don't. Not sure where they would be in the car. It looks too clean to have been on top of the gas tank for 70,000 miles.

If I read the code correctly, it has a 3.23 in the back. Not sure if it's a sure grip or not.

I hear ya on the original metal. 1 of 44... Just getting some opinions. Her stable mate is an Orange AAR with all the trimmings. I thought a wing, pins and a hood stripe would make her feel a little more at home. I actually thought for a second about putting a 4 speed in her, but quickly talked myself out of that one.

The sheets should all be the same, just carbon copies.
Check your trunk lid to see if you have the cut outs for the wing underneath.

Can you tell from the pic above if it has them?

Auto Transport Service
Back