• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Satellite Grill paint ID help needed

Chris Many

Local time
3:54 AM
Reaction score
I am trying to restore my grill and LH headlight bezel for my 1970 Satellite Conv so that they look as nice as the RH NOS bezel I just bought. There is a textured paint that goes along the perimeter that is faded on my original parts. The texture looks semi-transparent and feels like sandpaper on the NOS part, though it is not as rough on the original parts (as they are older obviously). I also need to repaint them in the correct argent color.

Can anyone help me identify the paints I need ? Are any of these correct ?

Specialty Paints - Textured Argents - Organisol – 8774paint1

MOPAR Grille Silver Restoration Paint – 8774paint1

s-l1600.jpg

why is that every time a post a question, I seem to get the answer before anyone replies to my post ?

I called Chas at 8774paint1.com and ordered the paint I needed. it turnout to be the grille silver I had listed and the Dark Argent textured paint.

thanks for listening
-Chris

You need to learn to post the question sooner so we have a chance to read it before you find the answer..... Glad you got your answer....LOL....

Auto Transport Service
Back