• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Satellite to RR restomod build

I happen to have Jeff's number handy. 970-227-0588
Great guy to work with. Got the parts for my 70 RR convertible clone project fast and helped with getting a damage claim with AMD taken care of. He is definitely a good choice for supplying your body panels.

X 2!!

"Cool car and vision for it, I love '70s and also want to do one like Hammer after my Charger."

I love Hammer there Speedy! That is one nice ride, i have that show recorded here when they were building it and taking to "SEMA" very cool!!!

Cool idea for your dad there page0100, Im sure he will be impressed with it when your done, the 70 Road Runners are a great looking car, I always thought it would make a cool sequel to Christine the way the front end looks! Enjoy and have fun, Finding the parts you need can be as much fun as driving it i think, its all part of the project!

More pictures coming this week (if the bodyshop sends them to me as promised) Full Quarters are at the shop.

I just scored a 72 air cleaner, does anyone know what black paint to use to make it look like a 70?

Also I changed my mind on the color. the hemi orange with vinyl black top is how the car is going to go. I still want the center of the hood black the rear black like a GTX though, but I do not want the chrome trim around the taillights. New plan also includes a tremec conversion with a pistol grip.

I have a GTX grill, just looking for a front bumper at a decent price. That should be it on parts now, I have almost 8k into the paint and body as it stands right now, hopefully body and paint will be done by september

Well the body shop promised some more pictures. These are definitely not what I was hoping for. This is the rear window channel. 2014090295124303.jpg2014090295124311.jpg2014090295124319.jpg

I hear you with the rust. However, that really isn't so bad. These pieces are readily available and not too bad cost wise.

My bodywork guys told me before they started on my car that these old cars "eat metal". They really do. Every time you turn around, there is another piece of metal that needs replacing.

Hang in there - it will all be worth it in the end...

Hawk

I hear you with the rust. However, that really isn't so bad. These pieces are readily available and not too bad cost wise.

My bodywork guys told me before they started on my car that these old cars "eat metal". They really do. Every time you turn around, there is another piece of metal that needs replacing.

Hang in there - it will all be worth it in the end...

Hawk

I truly agree with you man, on both sides, ive seen worse on the window channel and AMD (Jeff @ 501 restorations) can help readily with the repair, ive seen some homemade repairs in a professional quality here at the site ANY thing can be fixed to! :)

This should make you feel somewhat better. This is what my 70 RR rear window channel area looked like before I replaced it. Now that is bad! Haha. On a serious note, it is all readily available through AMD. Nothing to stress out about.

image.jpg

PlumcrazyRR;910133772[B said:
]This should make you feel somewhat better. This is what my 70 RR rear window channel area looked like before I replaced it. Now that is bad! Haha. On a serious note, it is all readily available through AMD. Nothing to stress out about.[/B]

View attachment 209391

Don't buy it directly thru AMD, Just sayin in case you don't know! I bought the drivers side rear rail thru them and it cost me over 500 bucks to get it to my door $189.00 shipping alone... Jeff at 501 can get you a better deal im sure.. He has helped me in more metal then i can say and all this stuff costs some money when it comes to needing it... Good luck with it, I surely love the 70 RR's I had one back in the day, they are a sharp looking ride! :)

Don't buy it directly thru AMD, Just sayin in case you don't know!

Thanks for clearing that up. I forget sometimes when I write stuff that others may not know what I know and I should be more clear.

Thanks for clearing that up. I forget sometimes when I write stuff that others may not know what I know and I should be more clear.

No need man, You know what your doing, i just would feel uneasy if i didn't mention it bud! :) If it wasn't for so many here, i could have made a mess out of several things i was doing!

I bought two full quarters from Jeff they should be on this week more pictures soon

New pictures body work going pretty slow, but I don't want to rush the guy70 RR 440.jpg70 RR Core Support.jpg70 RR driver door.jpg70 RR driver side.jpg70 RR inner Fender.jpg70 RR pass fender.jpg70 RR passenger side.jpg70 RR rear.jpg70 RR window sill.jpg

Looking good. You will love the tremec . I got the tremec tr6060 six speed behind the 6.1 in my 70 . it freaking rocks.

Looking real good! I don't know anything at all about the Tremiex trans, i have the old 833 and no over drive came with it so i think that will be a huge plus especially if it will have a lot of highway use, around here its country roads, anything that would be different i guess i would paying a bit more for gas, considering the price difference id still be using the 833! I can imagine your getting anxious and i wish you good luck!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back