• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Sport Fury Six Pack

I'm surprised they they didn't make a 440 12-barrel for that land yacht:p
That is a cool car though, I've always liked C-bodies. Granny had a New Yorker way back when..that thing was a Chrysler cadillac!

I have always loved these cars also. I have been looking forever for a nice 70' Sports Fury GT. Just when I find one. It is either a rusted out parts car, pilfered for it's drivetrain old derby car or so mint condition that the price is way too high for me to pay for a C Body. A Six pack car would be awesome. I would take one over a six pack B or E body for the right price any day.

The elusive AWD Sport Fury GT :rolleyes:

triple black SFGT.jpg

That thing is cool :thumbsup:
where did you find that ?
I wonder who did/built that too ?

It's a running joke on FCBO. It looks like an AWD, but general consensus is its a sway bar and the oil pan that make it look like a front pumpkin.

It's a running joke on FCBO. It looks like an AWD, but general consensus is its a sway bar and the oil pan that make it look like a front pumpkin.
:thumbsup:

For those interested....I'll do my best to keep it short. I owned a '65 Monaco from 8/1991 to 6/2016. Had never seen a 426W 4-speed '65 Monaco until the one I own now popped up for sale. It was in Bensalem,PA and except for a 4 year stint in Florida, was a PA car until it came to NJ. The person I purchased from said...."even if you don't buy it,come look at it,it will be the only one you will ever see". As of this day that statement still rings true. There are no solid numbers on production. A vast majority of people in the Mopar hobby have said maybe a handful were built. Ok, here is the speculation on numbers from "sources"(this was discussed on another board), someone looked at Galen's white book and said the number was 242? or close to that. Let's say 250 for arguments sake(that is believed to be ALL '65 Monacos with a 4-speed which would be the 383 and 426,the 413 was not available with it in the States). Another person stated they knew somebody who had a better handle on the production. Turns out they were going off "percentages"....x amount of engines,x amount of trannies, = x amount with this combo. Very highly suspect as they claim around 150 with the 426-4 which leaves 100 for the 383-4. Having spent a long time dealing with '65 Monacos I do not buy it. In nearly 30 years I have only seen or known of 4 with a 383 4 speed, and as stated mine is the only one that I have ever come across with the 426W and 4-speed. Form your own opinion from the info I have provided, all I'm saying is it MAY BE the only one left. If anyone has PROOF of another please post it or PM me, would love to see it.
This car has a fender tag but no build sheet. However I do have a copy of the build tag from Chrysler Historical proving it is indeed the real thing. And yes it is for sale, needs a complete resto and comes with almost all factory sheet metal needed and a large trove of used and NOS pieces to aid in the resurrection. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I will fill you in. Thanks for the read guys and some pics.

View attachment 699225 View attachment 699226 View attachment 699227 View attachment 699228 View attachment 699229
A friend had a bone stock 67' Fury two with a four-speed 383 combination back in the mid-seventies.

There was on eBay some time ago, a high optioned, but missing the drive train, 1970 Sport Fury 440, that was a rusted hulk up for auction. The reserve was well over then grand. I watched it but it never sold.

Auto Transport Service
Back