• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Sport Satellite trim

Pilotusmc

Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
My second car when I was in High School was a Tor Red 1970 383 4bbl Sport Satellite. I have wanted one ever since. Well finally gave up on finding a real sport satellite 383 and decided to make a clone out of a really nice 70 Satellite. My questions... What is different... Grill I know...emblems of course. I have an old photo of my Sport from behind and it has a silver colored trim between the tail lights..Is this just paint or is it a trim piece?????????? What else do I need to make a clone. I have a console, buckets etc... Help appreciated

The 70 Sport Satellite used a different tail light bezel to give the "horizontal bar" look across the middle of the tail light. I think this is the same taillight bezel as a 70 GTX but would be a silver color for the sport satellite.

The silver colored trim around the tail lights is actual aluminum trim not paint. Go here, http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=107 Once there, look under Mopar catalogs click on the 70 & 71 Mopar parts book, open the file or better yet save the file for future reference. Go to page 23-184 that's the exterior view of a '70 Sport satellite, it'll show you all the details. look around at the other pages, there are interior shots also. Hope this will help you out.

Auto Transport Service
Back