• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Sport Satellite Conv. Floor Pan Replacement Question

bassmun

Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
Quick question for you all. I'm planning on replacing the old rusty floor pan in my Sport Satellite convertible with a brand new one. Since the car is a convertible, do I need to add any extra bracing to keep the body from flexing when the old floor is removed? Thanks!

Nope. Also, in case you need one, I have an extra top of a convertible quarter panel for a 68/69

The floor pan is just a piece of sheet metal. Just address the unibody rails when the pan is off.

It is wise to build a triangular bracket from the 2 door hinge areas on the A post to where the door latch mounts. Converts do flex more than hardtop do.

I know you fellas disagree, but I would brace it. After all, what could it hurt ?

These cars move around quite a bit with all of the sheet metal intact, let alone after you've cut some of it out.

Auto Transport Service
Back