• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Super Bee Fender Tag Decode Help

68HulkCharger

Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
I searched online but couldn’t find a decoding tool that would work well on this. Can anyone decode it for me?

B20F7B1B-75FE-4271-A5C2-A7536D70245F.jpeg

440+6pack
Auto trans on console
Rally red
Black vinyl top
White bucket seat interior white upper door frame
Sept 29, 1969 scheduled build date.

440+6pack
Auto trans on console
Rally red
Black vinyl top
White bucket seat interior white upper door frame
Sept 29, 1969 scheduled build date.
Thanks! Is there a way to determine the rear gear set with this info?

Yes It does, but I don’t have the right info on hand right now. It is the 084 code. Will tell type, SG or not, ratio, rear brake size, yoke size.

it also has a 26” rad so it could be an axle package car. 3.5, 3.91, or 4.10

Yes It does, but I don’t have the right info on hand right now. It is the 084 code. Will tell type, SG or not, ratio, rear brake size, yoke size.

it also has a 26” rad so it could be an axle package car. 3.5, 3.91, or 4.10
Thanks again

I've read here and elsewhere that fender tags on Lynch Road cars are oddballs.

That being said, I was still expecting to see a quality control inspector's stamp/indentation on the fender tag. The one above does not appear to have one.

I've read here and elsewhere that fender tags on Lynch Road cars are oddballs.

That being said, I was still expecting to see a quality control inspector's stamp/indentation on the fender tag. The one above does not appear to have one.
I learned that also in my research. Interesting point on the inspectors stamp.

As R413 mentioned, the car had the A32 axle package, which also includes power disc brakes.

having a 4:10 Dana would be the A34 Super TrakPak axle package.

0029FA18-BDB5-4278-B5E3-A680AED835C3.jpeg

WM23:
Dodge Coronet,Charger
Medium, Super Bee
2 Door Hardtop

V0A: 440 390HP 3-2BBL 8 CYL
Lynch Road, MI, USA

136142: Sequence number

E87: 440 cid 3x2 barrel V8 (High Performance) 390hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
FE5: Bright Red (Dodge), Rallye Red (Plymouth) Exterior Color
M8XW: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Unknown, Black/White
EW1: White (Dodge), Alpine White (Plymouth), Spinnaker White (Chrysler & Imperial) Int. Door Frames
923: Build Date: September 23
615799: Order number

V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black

26: 26in Radiator
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel

WM23:
Dodge Coronet,Charger
Medium, Super Bee
2 Door Hardtop

V0A: 440 390HP 3-2BBL 8 CYL
Lynch Road, MI, USA

136142: Sequence number

E87: 440 cid 3x2 barrel V8 (High Performance) 390hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
FE5: Bright Red (Dodge), Rallye Red (Plymouth) Exterior Color
M8XW: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Unknown, Black/White
EW1: White (Dodge), Alpine White (Plymouth), Spinnaker White (Chrysler & Imperial) Int. Door Frames
923: Build Date: September 23
615799: Order number

V1X: Full Vinyl Top, Black

26: 26in Radiator
C16: Console w/Woodgrain Panel
This is great. Thanks

I could be wrong of course, but I believe the info above is for 1971. 1970 is different.

nope, that’s from 1970 literature. And, the 4:10 Dana was only available with the Super TrakPak A34 option, no other way to get it. You will not find the A34 callout on a Lynch Rd fender tag, but the upper 084 number designated the axle as a 4:10 Dana. As a matter of reference, the above car came down the line 3 days before mine, which has a 137 sequence number. Seems they were in the midst of building a few V codes that week!

nope, that’s from 1970 literature. And, the 4:10 Dana was only available with the Super TrakPak A34 option, no other way to get it. You will not find the A34 callout on a Lynch Rd fender tag, but the upper 084 number designated the axle as a 4:10 Dana. As a matter of reference, the above car came down the line 3 days before mine, which has a 137 sequence number. Seems they were in the midst of building a few V codes that week!

For the 1970 model year, the 4:10 with automatic is coded A32 Super Performance package. The coding and name does change for the 1971 MY.

As cars were not built in sequential order and other factors caused cars to be built early and late compared to the SPD, there is no way to make a comparison of built 'before' and 'after' based on VIN or any other numbers listed on a tag.

70_axle_Packages.jpg

71_Scat_Pack0004.jpg

Last edited:
For the 1970 model year, the 4:10 with automatic is coded A32 Super Performance package. The coding and name does change for the 1971 MY.

As cars were not built in sequential order and other factors caused cars to be built early and late compared to the SPD, there is no way to make a comparison of built 'before' and 'after' based on VIN or any other numbers listed on a tag.

View attachment 1233938
View attachment 1233941

do you know what this means? Yes, it means my wife is right and I actually can be wrong!! Oh, the humanity!! Don’t let this get out please, or I’ll be ruined. Ruined, I say!

Really tho, thanks for the clarification, I always appreciate good info. Sorry for the confusion, back to my cage now.

View attachment 1233938
View attachment 1233941

Doug do you think this fender tag is from september 1969?:eek:
I think it is younger

Carsten

Doug do you think this fender tag is from september 1969?:eek:
I think it is younger

Carsten
Everything, but one item, checks out with this tag. It may be remade using the original as a template but the usual bad tag items look OK.

Everything, but one item, checks out with this tag. It may be remade using the original as a template but the usual bad tag items look OK.

upload_2022-2-2_0-15-43.png

Before considering purchasing this car I would want to make sure the original tag is still alive

Carsten

Auto Transport Service
Back