• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Super Bee Restoration Project

allmopar

Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
I'm restoring a 1970 Super Bee and can't find any info about the arm at the lower end of the steering column (Shown in pictures). There was no linkage connected to it when I disassembled the car, only a wire holding it in the down position. I would appreciate any info, schematics, or drawings about the linkage that should hook up to it.

Also, I need a source for the framing wire around the cushion side of the seat (Bench Seat) that the springs fasten to.

Any suggestions on wheel widths for the front and rear? The rims will be rally with center caps and trim rings. What would be the widest tire that will fit on the rear and the offset needed on the rim to make them fit in fender well without modifying differential or body.

Lastly, where can I get an exhaust manifold flapper spring?

Complete ground-up restoration

Attachments

• 100_9330.jpg
    100_9330.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 438
  • 100_9316.jpg
    100_9316.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 532
  • 100_9314.jpg
    100_9314.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 625
  • 100_9311.jpg
    100_9311.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 425
  • 100_9309.jpg
    100_9309.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 333
The arm on your column is for a reverse lockout or column interlock, it's in the service manual (pics and all), several places sell the linkage setup that connects to the reverse arm on the transmission.

BTW, welcome and nice car.

BTW the bottom of your column should remain steering column color. I see you stopped the Burnt Orange and painted it black, that's incorrect for a restoration.
Ron

Welcome aboard.
Thanks for joining the forum.
Great car!
Great pics
Great progress
Thanks again for joining.

"super-bee_ski"

Welcome...nice project.

Thanks for the info. I just repainted it black today (darn) because it had some rust pitting that didn't get fixed when it was painted. Nice and smooth now but I might have to redo it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for taking the time to answer on the column issue. I don't have a service manual or pics. Do you know where I might get them and who sells the linkage?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Got a ways to go, but it's getting there.

Free manuals are here but yours is not listed, if you download 1970 Plymouth manual it shows the linkage and is the same as yours.
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

The linkage is available from Brewer performance or Passon performance, and I'm sure there are others.

Looks like you have some good help here which never surprises me on this site, It truly is looking great and hope you finalize the cool ride your looking forward to!!!!

Thanks alot. I'll check out the site and the two sources you suggested.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try to post updates as I advance further toward the finish line. Thanks for the compliment. It's a fun project.

Auto Transport Service
Back